PDA

View Full Version : Not making the cut

Sykes
12-29-09, 12:45 AM
I was called into my recruiter's office to do PT with the new Pvt.'s and PFC's. As we were doing PT they were talking about "not making the cut." They said that the DI's look for any small thing to have you kicked out of boot. I was wondering, what things would cause this? I understand a recruit not putting out a effort and things of that nature, but is there anything else?

Thanks much.

derikdrock1989
12-29-09, 10:26 AM
I dont think that is true. That is most likely just point of few. The Corps has the lowest fail rate of any branch. Most of the time from my understanding, when a recruit isnt being up to snuff his DI just drops him to a younger platoon to get him off his hands and on to someone elses.

Capital M
12-29-09, 12:47 PM
Could be them messing with you; adding some stress and mystery to boot camp. We don't know since we haven't been to RT. Maybe pm a new Marine on this site or contact a mod and have this moved over to 'Ask a Marine.' They'll be able to better answer the question.

iljw
01-02-10, 07:27 PM
Yeah pretty sure they're just trying to psych you out. The new Marines at our station say you have to TRY to get out. Think of the DIs creed... its something like 'I will not give up on you even after you have given up on yourself'. Just hang in there STFU, try hard, and listen to what the DIs say is what I've heard works. Good luck!

danno
01-03-10, 12:43 AM
Just put in 110%. You will benefit from working out man, you should try to do it every day.

Convulsive
01-10-10, 02:27 AM
I was called into my recruiter's office to do PT with the new Pvt.'s and PFC's. As we were doing PT they were talking about "not making the cut." They said that the DI's look for any small thing to have you kicked out of boot. I was wondering, what things would cause this? I understand a recruit not putting out a effort and things of that nature, but is there anything else?

Thanks much.

Here are the reasons you can get dropped and a lot of time its ultimately up to the Senior Drill Instructor.

Getting sick or hurt, unking on the rifle range or being a safety violator, failing IST or PFT, failure to adjust, core values drop (stealing disobeying etc) and I think that's it.

just go to boot camp and don't be a POS recruit. Do what you're told when your told and how you're told to do it. Nothing more nothing left and take everything litteral. you'll be fine.