PDA

View Full Version : not too excited about my mos

ksilvia
12-03-09, 10:03 PM
my recruiter told me I got motor T transport but i'm not interested in driving trucks. I know in this field I can be a mechanic and that is actually what I want to do so what are the chances that I'll be a mechanic instead of driving the vehicles or will I be doing both. I just want some reassurance that I'll be working on vehicles not transporting things

sparkie
12-03-09, 10:05 PM
Your contract means sumpthing,,,,,,Press for it, or give in. Your choice.

ksilvia
12-03-09, 10:13 PM
I just want to be sure that I'll be doing what I want to do and that is fixing vehicles not transporting stuff

MarinesFTW
12-03-09, 10:28 PM
If you dont sign for it, then you wont get the job, unless, of course, you get it through open contract.

sparkie
12-03-09, 10:28 PM
So press for the answer,,,, Your job. Ain't no silver platters handed out. Go get what you want.

MarinesFTW
12-03-09, 10:31 PM
Exactly what the Sgt. said. That is, if you can decode it :)

sparkie
12-03-09, 10:33 PM
Common, Daniel,,,,,,Give a break,,,,I've been imbibing,,,,,

jinelson
12-04-09, 12:44 PM
What the heck is wrong with driving trucks? Now theres nothing wrong with fixing them either. I was a 3531 Motor Transport Operator until I made E-6 then it changed to 3537 Motor Transport Operations Chief/Truckmaster and I got to be responsible for the mechanics also. My advice to you is PM drillinstructor and ask him your question. Why? Because he has the same MOS (3537) I had but is currently serving and can better advise you than I can.

Warning he just came off the drill field 2 years ago and is one of the finest Marines I have ever known and genuinely cares about people like you and the Corps and its future. He personifies "Maker Of Marines" and will take the time to steer you in the right direction. Oh and by the way he is currently a Master Sergeant of Marines in our field. But if you trash our MOS like you have here stand by to get an ear full understood? Now I have led you to the best information that I know of the rest is up to YOU.

Jim

MarinesFTW
12-04-09, 03:40 PM
Common, Daniel,,,,,,Give a break,,,,I've been imbibing,,,,,

Haha, sorry Sgt. I seriously has to look up what imbibing is, I had no idea. A day in which you dont learn something is a day wasted.

USMC Sokol
12-04-09, 09:08 PM
I asked a few people some questions about a week or two ago. I'm actually going to MEPS for MT this month. Here's what they have told me. I hope this info helps you out a little bit. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
(below) I...

ksilvia
12-04-09, 10:35 PM
thanks for the info poole sokol but thats for motor vehicle operator(3531) I do not want that. And jinelson I don't think anything is wrong with driving trucks it just that i'm not interested in it. I'm hoping to get 3521 and I'm just wondering if there was a chance they'd toss me into 3531 which I dont want to do. I just have a gut feeling there going to give me 3531

MarinesFTW
12-04-09, 11:43 PM
You sign for a field and the Corps puts you where you need them. Its the need of the Corps over your wants. Only way you will get that MOS for sure is if you go reservist and there is that kind of reserve unit around where you will be living.