PDA

View Full Version : Security Clearance

Inume91
11-24-09, 10:09 PM
I'm not sure if anybody would know but, I'm thinking of possibly going into the Marine Corps as a 2111 (Small arms repair) and it says that you can't have a charge of larceny. However, I previously...

thewookie
11-25-09, 08:36 AM
You should speak to an active recruiter -- they know the current scoop. Grand larceny as a minor isn't a quality that the Corps is in high demand for from a recruit,,, my guess is it's going to be a problem,, so you might as well try the Army.

As far as being a Marine sniper, you are not going that route unless you are an 03 (maybe as a 58 on the SRT). So get that out of your mind. And really, if you want to be a Marine -- you need to focus on that. The rest comes with time, performance, and a little luck.

hussaf
11-25-09, 04:37 PM
OPM does the clearance investigations, so it's really up to them. That being said, your chances of getting TS with that record isn't so great. You probably need a Secret for the armorer job...which I don't see being too hard to get. Good luck with everything.

Kegler300
11-25-09, 04:39 PM
MOS 2111 requires secret eligibility. Based on the information you provided, you won't have a problem obtaining secret clearance eligibility.

Inume91
11-25-09, 06:11 PM
Thank you Marines.