PDA

View Full Version : Study up on your drill knowledge

GDean
11-16-09, 10:24 AM
http://www.drillpad.net/Regs/DPMarineDrillreg.htm#CHAPTER1

very informative. the only problem is that is does not have illustrations. still learned alot from it though

McKec
11-16-09, 12:22 PM
Here is the actual Marine Corps Drill Manual:
http://www.usnavy.vt.edu/students/documents/MarineCorpsDrillManual.pdf

If you search for it on google, you can find different ones with better pictures.

MarinesFTW
11-16-09, 07:57 PM
You spend a HUGE amount of time at Boot Camp drilling. I would suggest you wait until then, so you dont get any nasty habits or thoughts on how it should be this way or that way.

MarinesFTW
11-16-09, 10:00 PM
Also to add after a PM from WMarine. She informed me that those Drill Manuals are also out of date. Just wait until boot camp, everyone else will be on the same confused page as you guys, so dont worrie.

Capital M
11-16-09, 10:00 PM
You spend a HUGE amount of time at Boot Camp drilling. I would suggest you wait until then, so you dont get any nasty habits or thoughts on how it should be this way or that way.

+1

Let your Drill Instructors or Recruiters teach you. At our pool function Saturday we spent about 45 minutes learning how to fall in, cover, do right and left faces, improved our position of attention, at ease and such. That reading is great if you've done all the movements and you want to review. But you can't learn correct drill by reading. Its just done with practical application.

Poolee Johnson
11-17-09, 08:04 AM
you guys don't do drill at all your pool functions? every time i go we fall in to sign the roster then march to where were going if we don't stay at the office

MarinesFTW
11-17-09, 08:17 AM
The drill that I do at the RSS is sloppy. Its like this is what your suppose to do and thats about it. We dont really drill that much, if we go some where we run, and keeping in step seems to be hard for ALOT of people.

Capital M
11-17-09, 08:30 AM
Yea, we haven't done any marching. Just the basic stuff. Our RS is spread out across two states so we all have to meet somewhere and then drive to a YMCA now that its getting to be winter. Not a lot of marching there.

TheRichmondKid
11-18-09, 08:34 PM
I am SO glad to have the opportunity to work on drill before I leave for Parris Island with my recruiters and their CO. Can't wait to get it down in to a science in bootcamp. SPEED & INTENSITY.