PDA

View Full Version : Back From The Island... Without The Title

TrevorWozny
11-09-09, 09:59 PM
I enlisted into the DEP back in the summer of '08 when I was 17. I have wanted to be a Marine since I was 12 and it is the only thing I have ever wanted to achieve with my life. I was scheduled to...

Capital M
11-10-09, 12:04 AM
Wow man, that totally blows. I'm sorry you had to go through all of that. Thanks for sharing that with us and I wish you the best of luck.

JCampbell
11-10-09, 12:21 AM
Wow....just wow. While I've been browsing this board, I've seen a few stories like this, and they make me feel sick...that someone would put out as you have and be sent home for something so stupid.

Best of luck for getting another shot at the island.

joshpike4
11-10-09, 12:28 AM
good luck on the re-enlist bro. i know it must be hard but it sounds like you have got the determination to see it through

Jensen139
11-10-09, 12:36 AM
Thats sucks, but come on check your signature you didn't serve anything and on training day 12 of 90 you were sent to the docs. You know more of being a civilian than anything else.

Best of luck to you. Next time though don't quit on yourself and asked to be sent home, no matter what happens.

TrevorWozny
11-10-09, 10:36 AM
My DI always told us that even though we were disgusting recruits we were still serving our country, specifically by doing firewatch every night and keeping the other recruits safe.

Also as a note to future recruits, only go to sick call if you think you're about to die. Even if you're falling behind in training the DIs hate it when you go to sick call for a little cough and you can get dropped into EHP for the smallest thing sometimes. Getting dropped is the last thing you want to do even though it means you get to chill out for a while. For the first few weeks I was in EHP we even got movie time on the weekends, but that was taken away after the Battalion Sergeant Major came on deck and saw all the recruits watching "Never Back Down". Our DI got chewed out by Sergeant Major and was ****ed off at him because he took the babysitter away. Then it was just "Marine Corps Knowledge Time" all the time. I don't know how many times I've read the 'Guidebook For Marines' but I know it backwards and forwards.

Thanks for the encouragement Poolees.

sbombard15
11-10-09, 04:36 PM
That sucks. Marfans Syndrome is nothing to take too lightly though. When I was in 8th grade one of my best friends died from it. One minute he was in lunch joking around with us and later that day he was gone.

You must be able to go back without a problem if they find out they have nothing wrong with you though, right?

TrevorWozny
11-10-09, 07:39 PM
If I don't have Marfans there shouldn't be a problem to get back in and the Staff Sgt. in charge of my recruiting center told me that I could probably get a much closer ship date than a lot of other...

Mledford
11-10-09, 09:53 PM
That sucks. Good luck with your re-enlistment. At least now you know what to prepare for!

thekevo
11-10-09, 10:12 PM
Holy ****. Really sucks to read a story like this man, I really hope you can get back there and finish what you started and what you've wanted so bad for so long. Keep us posted.

Gerken
11-11-09, 06:25 PM
Good luck on your re-enlistment, you'll get another chance at earning that title.

Outback206
11-11-09, 08:03 PM
Sucks bro.
Good luck and stay motivated.

-Clark

ksilvia
11-11-09, 10:49 PM
Sorry man that sucks just focus on renlisting and i'm sure you'll graduate the next time through.

iljw
11-14-09, 05:01 PM
Well it sounds like you dont have it. Stay motivated, keep working out, and dont lose sight of that EGA pinned on your collar!

sparkie
11-14-09, 08:31 PM
Bullshet,,,,,,,,,,,,,

TrevorWozny
11-15-09, 04:34 PM
Yes it is bullshet. Leave it to the civilian doctors to screw over the recruits. My DI was ****ed when he found out why they were sending me home. Everything I've researched on the internet says I don't have Marfans so things are looking up but I'll just have to wait and see.

Enrique2010
11-15-09, 11:03 PM
I thought there was only 1 shot at earning the title. Are there circumstances?

atimmons
11-16-09, 12:57 AM
Good luck bro. Keep up the motivation. PT like a madman and get your strength up. Show your old DI's how much you want to be a Marine. Get some!

BostonPaddy617
11-16-09, 09:12 AM
Only pussies make excuses like that bull**** story u just can't hang u prob can't even play basketball ur another tall useless piece of **** in this world

trmptplyr
11-16-09, 11:16 AM
Only pussies make excuses like that bull**** story u just can't hang u prob can't even play basketball ur another tall useless piece of **** in this world

How would you know whether his story is legit or not? We should be supporting each other here, and that doesn't mean jumping to the worst conclusion first.

Also, next time you think about talking sh*t about not being able to hang, try to remember that you're NOT a Marine, so you wouldn't know anything about having what it takes.