PDA

View Full Version : Well, I made it

KGunner
11-05-09, 12:21 AM
Graduated from MCRD San Diego today.

1st BN Alpha Company Platoon 1013, Honor Platoon

Any questions feel free to ask, I did well in Boot and was pretty squared away.

Semper Fi

Pvt. Gunn

thiscalling
11-05-09, 01:25 AM
GUNN???? Oh my god this is Dasovich! I never knew you were on these forums! Private message me.

Weeman4307
11-05-09, 02:13 AM
Alpha Company, you guys graduated on a Wed?

I was in Mike right before ya'll....whats up with the wednesday grad?

KGunner
11-05-09, 02:23 AM
Holy hell Dasovich...good to see you here.

We graduated on Wednesday because of the USMC birthday apparently. We didn't care, less time at the depot is always a blessing right?

atimmons
11-05-09, 06:44 AM
Awesome. Great to have you back KGunner. Or should I say Marine.
I'll be joining you in the fleet in about 5 months. Good luck.

MarinesFTW
11-05-09, 08:31 AM
Congrats Marine, PM The Drifter, she will help square you away.

Weeman4307
11-05-09, 10:22 AM
We graduated on Wednesday because of the USMC birthday apparently. We didn't care, less time at the depot is always a blessing right?

Oh alright, yeah that place was hell but at the same time part of me didn't want to leave....the other half was sprinting to the airport in my Dress Blue Deltas. :)

sparkie
11-05-09, 10:30 AM
Congradulations, Brothers.SF

thekevo
11-05-09, 12:08 PM
Congratulations, Marines!

GDean
11-05-09, 01:21 PM
Congradulations Marine! I leave for MCRD SD in 24 days (Dec. 1.) If you could answer some questions i would really appreciate it. Which part of Basic did you feel least prepared for? How long did it take you to get over the initial culture shock and become comfortable with the daily routine? During the first 48 hours were you allowed the chance to sleep, or did they keep you awake to speed through the processing? How long did you have to wait at the airport in the USO before the bus came to get you? What size group was on your bus/van? What was your favorite part of Recruit Training? I appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

yoitsfrank
11-05-09, 02:02 PM
GDean, I leave the same date but your going to SD I'm going to PI haha. But those are great questions I would like to know the answers as well!

KGunner
11-06-09, 09:24 PM
Congradulations Marine! I leave for MCRD SD in 24 days (Dec. 1.) If you could answer some questions i would really appreciate it. Which part of Basic did you feel least prepared for? How long did it take you to get over the initial culture shock and become comfortable with the daily routine? During the first 48 hours were you allowed the chance to sleep, or did they keep you awake to speed through the processing? How long did you have to wait at the airport in the USO before the bus came to get you? What size group was on your bus/van? What was your favorite part of Recruit Training? I appreciate any help you may be able to give me.

Least prepared for was just the constant movement of some of the PT we did, but there isn't really a way to fully prepare for that. You will do things that will leave you utterly destroyed and more tired than you ever have been. It didn't take long to get adjusted for me, some kids never got adjusted. Receiving is about 48-72 hours awake, and you are always confused. I didn't wait at all at the USO. Full bus, 42 recruits. Favorite part of recruit training was the awesome **** you get to do on a daily basis.

You want the best advice, shut your mouths in recruit training. Do what you are told the fastest you can possibly do it. Do exactly as you are told and little to nothing else. Be the first in everything you do, whether it is finishing chow, or getting dressed, the drill instructors will notice and I promise you will get messed with less.

MarinesFTW
11-06-09, 11:29 PM
Quick thing at GDean, the Marine Corps does not have basic training, they have boot camp, there is nothing basic about becoming a Marine. Just a little FYI.