PDA

View Full Version : Active or Reserve

MrSnips
11-03-09, 04:23 PM
Right now i'm currently enlisted as an Active duty contract. With a selected MOS. However lately i've really been thinking about switching to a Reserve contract so i can be with my daughter while she is growing.

I'm having a really hard time with this and i need some opinions advice and criticism.

I am supposed to ship in December and this has been weighing on my mind for several months now (been waiting since before March).

Thank you Marines.

Capital M
11-03-09, 05:54 PM
Wellllll,

There are no Marines here, I'm not sure if you just haven't been on in a while or accidentally clicked on the wrong forum, but the Marines' posting privileges don't included the Poolee hall anymore, for some reason.

But, this isn't really a decision others can make for you. It's all about your priorities.
If you're looking for input on Marine experiences like yours, I'd ask a mod to move this topic over to "Ask a Marine" so they can share the benefits of being on reserve v being on active.

Good luck in your choice

MarinesFTW
11-03-09, 06:52 PM
Take a piece of paper, make to collum's with pro's and con's of each one. Putting it on paper seems to help me with tough decisions.