PDA

View Full Version : Are there rosters kept?

KaosDad
11-03-09, 09:33 AM
Marines;

I am trying to find information about two Marines that serves with MGEN Rupertus on Guadalcanal. I know the name of one: John C. Schiller, Jr.

The other is Robert S. Sugo?????

The only way I know them is from their signatures on a document I have. Obviously, the second is not legible but would be easy to discover if I had a roster in front of me. Sadly - this is all I know about them - no rank, no regiment, just 1st MARDIV, Guadalcanal.

So - where can I start? As I am not related to either I am restricted to public records.

In relation to this I have kind of made a hobby of researching the "George" Medal from the Guadalcanal occupation. I know of the one I have, one in the posession of a militaria dealer and two more, that are probably fakes, that a collector has. I do not recall seeing one at the NMUSMC, but hten I was not really LOOKING for one either. Any leads or help in tracking these down for proper preservation & turn over to the NMUSMC would be greatly appreciated.

-Rich

Wyoming
11-03-09, 09:55 AM
I just googled - "George" Medal from the Guadalcanal occupation - and came up with a lot of info. Maybe it would help.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&source=hp&q=%22George%22+Medal+from+the+Guadalcanal+occupati on&btnG=Google+Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

KaosDad
11-03-09, 11:22 AM
Wow! The addition of "from the Guadalcanal occupation " yielded some great results! Thank you!