PDA

View Full Version : "DQ? Help! Question?"

SabreJack
10-30-09, 01:32 AM
Is anyone else getting flipping tired of seeing posts that have stupid, vague, and general titles like:

DQ
Help
Question

Most of these questions are extremely specific to that individual's case anyway so just about everyone on this site wouldn't be able to answer them anyway. No one uses the search bar, even if they have been on the site for a while, they think that someone will have a specific answer to their case...I'm just bothered by it. Grow up, realize that if you get disqualified for something that happened when you were 3, talk to your damned recruiter about it. I think this site is being relied on too much by poolies instead of going through the proper channels: your recruiting chain of command. If you have any grievances with your recruiter, contact his commander/NCOIC. In my opinion, this site should be for informational purposes that are general questions about boot camp. Asking "Can I get a waiver for..." is not up to anyone on this site, it is handled in your RS chain of command. As none of us are Marines, that does not mean that we can't start acting a little more mature. Follow site rules, and grow up. Don't ***** and moan, do what you need to do by following proper protocol. People have been enlisting in the marines for 200+ years, I'm pretty sure that Al Gore didn't invent the internet until he was campaigning for President.

Enough of the rant, grow up, and quit acting like middle schoolers. We all need to start acting like we are going to be Marines, that means by utilizing all of the information available in your recruiter's office, then bringing any gee whiz questions to the forums.

sparkie
10-30-09, 07:44 AM
Gee Whiz, If they did all that, you might get a little bored. Nice try, though.

dds0113
10-30-09, 11:17 AM
Funny I opened this thread thinking it was going to be a type of question which you so much hate.

sparkie
10-30-09, 08:35 PM
Who you talkin to? You're post is as clear as mud. You smokin shet??

sbombard15
10-30-09, 10:23 PM
:thumbup:

MarinesFTW
10-30-09, 11:06 PM
Yeah, if they read this thread it would help ALOT, but to bad we cant even get the stupid kids to READ THE RULES, one step at a time.....

sparkie
10-31-09, 07:56 AM
We've tried for years to help you kids straighten your gear out, till finally we got the boot for being nasty.
If someone posts with half a brain he/she still has potental. Use YOUR BRAIN to remedy the situation, just save your wizeazz comments for another day.

Marines don't shoot their wounded, why should you?

And Sabre, if your so Gung Ho, try to cap the word Marine ALL the time.

MarinesFTW
11-02-09, 09:59 PM
The Marines got the boot which just seemed to bring the problem to the Ask A Marine forum, where we can only tell them via PM's which in cases I am discovering, they tend to think there preaty hard for wanting to become a Marine, and they dont think anyone can tell them what to do. Of course Sgt, you have seen this problem for quite a while to.

iljw
11-02-09, 10:06 PM
My advice is leave the administrating to the Marines who run the site... you're only a poolee (so am I) so don't think you have the right to chew other poolees out. I think that is reserved for the Marines who have earned it. Focus more on your own DEP situation and hey if you dont like the questions dont open the thread... there is a back button on the upper right hand corner of the browser if you hadnt noticed. But that is just my opinion.

SabreJack
11-02-09, 11:43 PM
As for "shooting my wounded" calling them out in front of Marines is one thing, but entering this post in a forum designated FOR POOLEES is another. This was an attempt to police our own; and for trying to correct the issue, I receive flak.

Do not take this as whining, all I am trying to do is correct the issue and move on. There is a back button on my browser, but I feel as though this site is being spammed by questions that are more readily answered on an individual basis by a recruiter rather than something that will help all poolees prepare for boot camp and eventually service in the fleet. In this poolee's opinion, less and less information that can actually help is being asked in the Ask a Marine forum and it's pushing questions that can benefit everyone to the bottom of the list. Ok, maybe I should leave the administrating to Marines, but I for one am getting tired of reading posts that have a page of replies that range from "complete your profile" to a final verdict of "ask your recruiter" or "we aren't doctors at MEPS". You are correct that I can push back and quit worrying or whining about it, but the point is that we are all adults or pretty damn close. Shouldn't we start acting like it--by following site rules and using a little common sense?

So with all that being said, if you still feel that I am out of line, please let me know so I can contact an administrator to delete the post.

Gerken
11-03-09, 03:16 PM
As for "shooting my wounded" calling them out in front of Marines is one thing, but entering this post in a forum designated FOR POOLEES is another. This was an attempt to police our own; and for trying to correct the issue, I receive flak.

Do not take this as whining, all I am trying to do is correct the issue and move on. There is a back button on my browser, but I feel as though this site is being spammed by questions that are more readily answered on an individual basis by a recruiter rather than something that will help all poolees prepare for boot camp and eventually service in the fleet. In this poolee's opinion, less and less information that can actually help is being asked in the Ask a Marine forum and it's pushing questions that can benefit everyone to the bottom of the list. Ok, maybe I should leave the administrating to Marines, but I for one am getting tired of reading posts that have a page of replies that range from "complete your profile" to a final verdict of "ask your recruiter" or "we aren't doctors at MEPS". You are correct that I can push back and quit worrying or whining about it, but the point is that we are all adults or pretty damn close. Shouldn't we start acting like it--by following site rules and using a little common sense?

So with all that being said, if you still feel that I am out of line, please let me know so I can contact an administrator to delete the post.

Ya I agree with you SabreJack, we poolees have to police ourselves, some of these new members have to start using proper punctuation, and make real sentences. If we start slacking then the Marines will be a much larger part in the Poolee forum. So stay sharp poolees.