PDA

View Full Version : Get in contact with your recruiter!

Endurance89
10-28-09, 09:47 PM
I was trolling these fine forums on Sunday evening, looking up information on Crew Chiefs. At that time, I was slated for AG, or enlisted aircrew. This was a distant second choice; I am sure that a lot of you wanted infantry as badly as I did.

That Sunday, I found some information out: with an uncorrect vision of 20/400, I would be put on a C-130 fixed wing platform as loadmaster. I had thought that almost everyone in AG got to be a crew chief, so I was disheartened as I had "made" myself excited to be a crew chief on a rotary wing platform. I had gotten to the point where I was thinking, "All right! Kick arse!"

I called my recruiter on Monday to talk to him about the 20/400 deal, and to see if the information here was correct. He told me it was.

Then, he says, "Oh, hey. Meant to give you a call later on today. You still want infantry?"

This is me:

:banana:

I literally scream, "YES!" And he goes, "All right, I will put in for it; the bonus positions were just posted."

So now I have an 03XX contract (G2) with a signing bonus, and a 5 year active duty stint. I couldn't be happier. Icing on the already perfect cake? Same ship date. I am on cloud 9. I signed the SOU today at PT.

Basically, I made this post to share my excitement and to encourage you all to call your recruiters and see what they can do for you.

Good luck!

Poolee Johnson
10-29-09, 12:27 PM
texting the recruiter right now about still possibly getting a 58xx contract

MarinesFTW
10-29-09, 07:05 PM
THAT A BOY, CONGRATS! For some reason I havn't had a problem getting my job, I'm just waiting to sign my papers haha.

blumpkin
11-04-09, 03:22 PM
Congrats man must be nice. I had infantry as my mos and I lost it because my ship date got pushed back. Take it and run with it man.

bballbrad22
11-04-09, 03:27 PM
Hey, Endurance, Congrats! I'm the guy from McHenry. I finally got my ship date...20100719. Good luck with everything!

Endurance89
11-04-09, 04:34 PM
Hey man, I remember you!

Glad to hear you got your ship date. What was your MOS?

thekevo
11-04-09, 05:43 PM
Nice!! Congratulations! Back when I swore in, I was able to grab the only MP slot available for my ship date, so I was pretty psyched about that as well - I can imagine how ya feel.