PDA

View Full Version : help with eating habits

nmcdade999
10-28-09, 03:43 PM
im going to boot camp in less than 3 weeks and i really honestly havnt been eating right or should i say eating the right foods. I dont feel that taco bell or jac in the box is doin me any good lol. other than taking protein shakes before or after working out. but yeah what some good foods/meals i should eat especially in these last 3 weeks. thanks

pullups- 24
situps- 85
mile 1/2- 11 min

ship date- 091116

USCFIGHTONUSC
10-28-09, 05:18 PM
Unless you are addicted to any food or beverage, then you can keep doing as you please.

There is no need to change anything with three weeks to go, or one week, etc etc, unless you are addicted to it.

Eat whatever makes you happy.

I would stop taking protein shakes since you wont have those in boot camp. But there is no need to change your diet.

SlingerDun
10-28-09, 07:06 PM
I dont feel that taco bell or jac in the box is doin me any goodIt will keep a person from starving if they're not concerned with the quality of fuel.

Eat more raw foods. Or eat SOME raw foods, you probably don't eat any right?

Quinbo
10-28-09, 07:42 PM
Unless you are addicted to any food or beverage, then you can keep doing as you please.

There is no need to change anything with three weeks to go, or one week, etc etc, unless you are addicted to it.

Eat whatever makes you happy.

I would stop taking protein shakes since you wont have those in boot camp. But there is no need to change your diet.

Suggesting that a young lad cut out protien shakes because they will not be available in boot camp while encourageing to continue eating taco bell and popeyes chicken is ok? Those are not served in boot camp either. Sometimes!

USCFIGHTONUSC
10-28-09, 07:48 PM
Suggesting that a young lad cut out protien shakes because they will not be available in boot camp while encourageing to continue eating taco bell and popeyes chicken is ok? Those are not served in boot camp either. Sometimes!

And where exactly did I encourage him to eat Taco Bell or Popeyes?

And do you mean they don't serve chicken in boot camp?

Quinbo
10-28-09, 07:56 PM
Ok change of direction before it becomes a ****ing match.

I recommend that you change your eating habits immediately. Eat healthy foods at home and no fast food. Cut the soda completely out and if you drink caffeine in any form cut that out. Fresh fruits and vegetabales is a much better choice for snacks. Boot camp is 3 square meals a day and nothing more. Get used to it. There is no fast food there.

Summary of the climb up Fuji ummm yea

Geagle05
10-28-09, 08:14 PM
To go along with what the others have said: yeah I'd start eating more healthy. No need to starve yourself or eating just veggies, but I'd make your diet is balanced and for sure cut out the fast food. You don't want to drastically go to the other extreme, because it will be too big a shock to your body. Like someone else mentioned, if you got any addictions, I'd cut that out as well. Before I left for OCS, I cut out the dip, alcohol, and excessive caffeine. On the subject of protein shakes, IMHO, I don't think it's necessary to cut that out. It's a supplement that'll help at least slow down muscle loss over those first few weeks. I mean unless you can't live without it where it would be a shock down there, I don't see it necessary to eliminate it. And I'm sure once you're down there you'll have plenty of other things on your mind besides wanting a protein shake!

nmcdade999
10-29-09, 03:45 PM
To go along with what the others have said: yeah I'd start eating more healthy. No need to starve yourself or eating just veggies, but I'd make your diet is balanced and for sure cut out the fast food. You don't want to drastically go to the other extreme, because it will be too big a shock to your body. Like someone else mentioned, if you got any addictions, I'd cut that out as well. Before I left for OCS, I cut out the dip, alcohol, and excessive caffeine. On the subject of protein shakes, IMHO, I don't think it's necessary to cut that out. It's a supplement that'll help at least slow down muscle loss over those first few weeks. I mean unless you can't live without it where it would be a shock down there, I don't see it necessary to eliminate it. And I'm sure once you're down there you'll have plenty of other things on your mind besides wanting a protein shake!
cool yeah im not addicted to the protein shakes its just that since i do work out a lot, ( x5 days of gym and running) and daily ab worouts, it really helps my body when i do take it cause my body goes through a lot on a daily basis. and i only take it once a day when i do go to the gym

nmcdade999
10-29-09, 03:46 PM
Ok change of direction before it becomes a ****ing match.

I recommend that you change your eating habits immediately. Eat healthy foods at home and no fast food. Cut the soda completely out and if you drink caffeine in any form cut that out. Fresh fruits and vegetabales is a much better choice for snacks. Boot camp is 3 square meals a day and nothing more. Get used to it. There is no fast food there.

Summary of the climb up Fuji ummm yea
o yeah i drin soda a lot i should stop that lol...

Geagle05
10-29-09, 06:52 PM
cool yeah im not addicted to the protein shakes its just that since i do work out a lot, ( x5 days of gym and running) and daily ab worouts, it really helps my body when i do take it cause my body goes through a lot on a daily basis. and i only take it once a day when i do go to the gym

Yeah, again personally, I don't see a problem with the shakes. While I went to OCS and not RT, I'm sure the training is the same in that your body will begin to break down. At least as far as OCS goes, the PT is really not meant to make you stronger. A lot of guys, including me, got really weak. If I were to do anything different about my prep before training it would have been to bulk up a little bit more. By the time I left training I was a stick and weak as ever. So yeah in short, I don't see a problem with loading your body with protein before you go. But cut the soda and fried crap...that ain't hydration son!

dds0113
10-29-09, 08:17 PM
I simply stopped buying generally unhealthy food from the grocery store and just avoided fast food when possible (I still have trouble avoiding chic'fila.) After awhile the urges to eat such things cease. Was also an avid Dr. Pepper addict most my life, then one day decided to go cold turkey. This was honestly harder than quitting smoking for me.