PDA

View Full Version : Contract

AspireToBe
10-18-09, 12:30 AM
Howdy,
So I'm a civilian longing to be a Marine, and I've taken the initial steps towards securing a future in the armed services. I've been communicating with a recruiter, and we've taken care of all my documents. I recently went to MEPS and took the ASVAB and physical. My line scores were all above 105, and so I was able to place into my desired MOS; Aviation Mechanics. Anyway, here is my question, so the soonest I can get DEPed for active duty is on the 26th of October, and If I can't get a slot right then in the MOS I want can I DEP in and wait for a slot to open up later? Also, when I sign the contract will my MOS need to be included (in writing) on the contract, as well as my benefits, and also my college credits (of which I have 20) to get PFC out of boot camp?
I hope this isn't a redundant question in this thread.
Thanks Marines!

josephd
10-18-09, 03:02 AM
Simply put yes, you are going to want to have as much stuff in writing/on your contract as possible to be sure you are getting exactly what you want and are told you will/should get.

AspireToBe
10-18-09, 05:09 PM
Thanks josephd (http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/member.php?u=54187) for the response and providing me with some clarification. I'll see to it I get what I'm looking for (while keeping in mind to show my recruiter the utmost respect).
Thanks Marine