PDA

View Full Version : Curious

rodriguez35
10-17-09, 10:55 AM
i wonder why people want infantry so bad. jus wondering

thekevo
10-17-09, 11:34 AM
Whew...

Had a few questions when I saw the title of this post...thank god you're only talking about infantry. Haha, just knocking you around.

I'm personally not going infantry - I really would have liked to - so I can have a little bit of say. As far as I know, you can only go into an infantry position for your first MOS. Apparently, as far as I know, you can't LAT move into infantry, which would encourage a lot of people to want to go ahead and get that experience considering you can't move into it at a later point. That's beside the fact that it's the premier, flagship MOS of the USMC - the tip of the spear, first to fight, and it's the hard charging devil dogs that make the MOS what it is and make it stand out against the other branch, and it's the reason a lot of other MOS's are there, if not the only. If the Marine Corps didn't have the infantry that they do, I'm quite sure it wouldn't exist. It's the bread and butter of the branch.

LJ27
10-17-09, 12:18 PM
Its kind of hard to explain. Im currently trying to get an Infantry contract. I picked the Marine Corps because it was the toughest branch, so why not go all out and pick Infantry? Thats not the main reason of course, for me, it's kind of tough to put in words. I think its a good question though.

MarinesFTW
10-17-09, 01:10 PM
Sence a young kid I've always want to be one of thos guys KILLING PEOPLE! Of course, I was young, stupid, and didn't understand the reality of it. I grew up and was going to join the AF. Sooner or later I gave up on them and I truely dont know how, but I knew that the Marines were the toughest branch and that they were the BEST. I looked up and read everything I could at that time and decided it's what I wanted to do. What do you think about when you hear the word's U.S. Marine? You think of that Bad Ass Marine oversea's doing what he's been trained to do better then everyone else. I joined the Marine Corps to be in the Infantry, but picked a different job to please my parents. Well I also quickly learned it's MY LIFE, not theres, and I am switching it over. It;s hard to explain why you want to do it really. It's like asking a Priest, why he chose to become one. I dont really know, I just want to be out there, protecting our country. If I dont do it, who's going to take my place? Just my point of view tho. Every Marine is important, if there were no grunts, there would be no need for any job, but if there was no other jobs, the grunts couldn't do there job, every one needs each other.

sbombard15
10-17-09, 02:30 PM
Its a calling that people that dont want to go infantry wouldt understand.

Then theres the guys that just want to act tough.

Endurance89
10-17-09, 02:32 PM
I think it has been layed out pretty well already, to be honest.

I have always wanted to server with the most elite infantry in the world, USMC 03XX.

I will continue to pursue that until the day I ship. HOWEVER, I will give 120% of myself to AG aircrew.

rodriguez35
10-17-09, 08:53 PM
thanks everyone for your opinion on the topic. also to add to it im signed to 03XX contract and i really didnt try to get into it. i jus wanted to be a Marine, i didn really care what job i got as long as i had the chance to earn the title. infantry was my third choice. is was Military Police, Aviation ordnance, Infantry my 3 choices. i am actually looking forward to being deployed for some reason for which i dont know how to explain lol.