PDA

View Full Version : White thread in Blood Stripes?!

hussaf
10-14-09, 07:58 PM
Hey all,

I am getting my Blues ready for my wedding. The NCO stripes I ordered from MCCS Online has white thread on either side (the threading that is 1/8 inch in from the sides). What is the purpose of this? Is it so the person sewing on the Blood Stripe can use the white thread as a guide for the red silk thread that sews on the stripes? It seems a little asinine for me (well, my fiance) to have to dethread all that white threading. I guess it's something that won't be much of a problem, I just thought it was weird and wondered if it was normal. I've certainly never noticed it before, but I've only purchased trouser stripes once before and that was like in '04.
SF
Adam

Petz
10-14-09, 08:30 PM
I'd suspect that it is a guide so they keep a straight line and do it properly. So long as she's using red thread it'll cover it up well enough. If you have issues then pay to have it done by a pro.

tangovictor87
10-14-09, 11:43 PM
The white thread is a guide for the tailor and in some cases it keeps the fabric at the specific width. It should be removed, not just covered.

hussaf
10-15-09, 10:44 AM
The white thread is a guide for the tailor and in some cases it keeps the fabric at the specific width. It should be removed, not just covered.

Right right, I figured it was something like that. Definitely I will have her take the deseemer (sp?) to the white thread after its sewn on. Seems like a pain at first, but I am sure sewing an absolutely straight line for 32 inches with no guide is really tough.
Thanks gents,
SF
Adam

Bdchi1
10-15-09, 12:19 PM
--Hussaf-- forget the thread...run for your life...DON'T GET MARRIED. j/k, congrats.

hussaf
10-15-09, 01:20 PM
--Hussaf-- forget the thread...run for your life...DON'T GET MARRIED. j/k, congrats.

Ha ha, yeah I know I probably should...half the guys in my team are divorced.

Bdchi1
10-15-09, 01:34 PM
Just remember...
statistically all relationships are different...
statistically all marriages are different...
statistically all people get married believing their relationship is different and will make it...
statistically the glass is half full of success stories. We're all sure that you are in the that glass:)

Like the Corps, always be faithful, always honor, always improvise, adapt and overcome, and you'll stay in that glass. My wife hitched up my second year in the Corps and will be celebrating our 20th year this coming summer.

Petz
10-15-09, 10:29 PM
so he's either the half full or the half empty part "IN" that glass. Nice saying, NOT.

EDIT: oh yeah, :D I'm just playing around, I don't want you to think I'm too serious.

hussaf
10-15-09, 10:56 PM
..actually my plan is to deploy enough and hit up enough schools so we don't get annoyed and bored with each other...while being home enough to prevent that ever-present Marine wife-girlfriend unfaithful-itus. I'll make that honeymoon stage last a good couple of years!