PDA

View Full Version : Woot passed my final ist!

rodriguez35
10-11-09, 09:58 AM
9 pullups
63 crunches and 12:40 1.5 mile run.

means im shippingnext monday. MEPS on sunday. they also told me i must go to the RS to go to MEPS on thursday i wonder why.

Gallic Gun
10-11-09, 11:43 AM
Good going bro. Keep working and see if you can't get that run time down a little more.

I'm not sure how your CO does it, or how any other RS's do, but at mine, our CO makes his poolee's run an IST and Moment of Truth through him before he allows us to ship. I presume it's to make sure he's sending in people who actually stand a good chance of passing through and not depending on boot camp to straighten anybody out, plus the Moment of Truth, giving a last chance to come clean about anything the Marine Corps should know. This would probably also be used to weed out those who aren't very serious and leave room for recruits who truly do want to be Marines instead of wasting everybody's time and money on slackers.
I had all of that last Thursday and am headed to MEPS tomorrow and arriving on Parris Island on Tuesday so that's my experiences as far as what information you've given.
Good luck to you!

Hartford
10-11-09, 03:05 PM
Good work, more than 2 minutes shaved off in 2 months. Remember you'll have to complete another IST once you get to the MCRD so put out even harder there.

Gerken
10-11-09, 04:14 PM
Great improvement on that run time, good luck at boot camp.

AEGUY63
10-11-09, 07:19 PM
Good luck at bootcamp!

rodriguez35
10-11-09, 07:27 PM
thanks guys. my cousin and my friend helped me sprint the last 40 yards to get that time. im proud of myself

atimmons
10-12-09, 10:29 PM
Good job bro! Good luck in boot camp. Keep your head high and remember why you're there.

MarinesFTW
10-12-09, 10:38 PM
Nice Job, Good Luck and dont come back until you get that title!!

rodriguez35
10-13-09, 02:24 AM
Good job bro! Good luck in boot camp. Keep your head high and remember why you're there.

willl do thanks

rodriguez35
10-13-09, 02:25 AM
Nice Job, Good Luck and dont come back until you get that title!!

id stay there as long as i need to to become a Marine theres no turning back