PDA

View Full Version : Just a little white cross

Bruce59
10-07-09, 09:07 PM
Just a little white cross in the middle of a desert, simple in it's construction, complex in it's meaning. It as no names ingraved
upon it, no plague describing it's purpose. When it was placed
there 75 years ago by WW1 Vets as a memorial to those lost
in all wars. To those who fought the war to end all wars, a
place to heal. Much like the Vietnam Wall, just much simpler.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeuBB_mOFIA

sparkie
10-07-09, 10:34 PM
If the courts tear it down,,,, It will be replaced. We do not forget.

Wyoming
10-07-09, 10:54 PM
... and all of this over ONE ******* who was offended!

DocGreek
10-07-09, 11:01 PM
:evilgrin:....LAND AROUND CROSS WILL BE SOLD TO V.F.W., AND WHEN THEY TAKE OWNERSHIP....THE PLYWOOD WILL BE REMOVED FROM THE CROSS....AND WILL BE ALLOWED TO STAY...FOREVER!!!!....NONE OF YOU NUMBNUTS WATCH THE NEWS...DO YA'???:evilgrin:

Wyoming
10-08-09, 07:12 AM
Up yours Doc.

That is the argument.

The sale, or trade, of the land.

Congress already approved the sale/trade.

Hence the lawsuit, over the sale/trade.

:evilgrin:

DocGreek
10-08-09, 07:53 AM
:evilgrin:...WHAT?? I thought that it was a done deal!! WHY would that shmuck SUE...what an AZZHOLE!! HELLO!!...the Cross is a UNIVERSAL SYMBOL..."In GOD, we trust"..."GOD BLESS AMERICA"!!
WHAT did I miss?....SORRY, BIG AL! Guess I owe you ONE!!....Doc:D

IDontWheeze
10-08-09, 08:05 AM
This pretty much sums up what is wrong with this country right now...Men who lost friends and family made their own small memorial to their brothers who didn't come back, and somebody has a problem with it???? It just makes me sick to my stomach.

Akkadian
10-09-09, 08:00 PM
The guy who was "offended"...he is Catholic and has never even been there. He thought if he decided to go down there, he would be offended by a cross on gov't property...

I hate people sometimes...

S/F

ecfree
10-09-09, 08:22 PM
The guy who was "offended"...he is Catholic and has never even been there. He thought if he decided to go down there, he would be offended by a cross on gov't property...

I hate people sometimes...

S/F
I dont think that the guy being a Catholic has anything to do with it.....I believe that the aclu is behind it all.......:mad:

Akkadian
10-09-09, 08:23 PM
I dont think that the guy being a Catholic has anything to do with it.....I believe that the aclu is behind it all.......:mad:

But the fact that he complained about a cross and he's Catholic is what gets me.

If he was an athiest or Muslim or something, I might be able to wrap my mind around it.

The aclu is definately behind this, but this guy started that ball rolling.

http://stoptheaclu.com good stuff

ecfree
10-09-09, 08:34 PM
But the fact that he complained about a cross and he's Catholic is what gets me.

If he was an athiest or Muslim or something, I might be able to wrap my mind around it.

The aclu is definately behind this, but this guy started that ball rolling.

http://stoptheaclu.com good stuff
Akkadian,don't get me wrong,I'm not calling you a liar,but I can't believe this guy is a Catholic.....
A Catholic or any Christian,for that matter,would not go against what they believe in,and the cross is a symbol of their faith......As far as the gov't land goes,well,,,,,IT's freaken desert....

Akkadian
10-09-09, 08:41 PM
Akkadian,don't get me wrong,I'm not calling you a liar,but I can't believe this guy is a Catholic.....
A Catholic or any Christian,for that matter,would not go against what they believe in,and the cross is a symbol of their faith......As far as the gov't land goes,well,,,,,IT's freaken desert....

[C]hallenges began in 1999, when the U.S. Park Service denied an application from a Buddhist to build a shrine nearby. Frank Buono, an assistant superintendent [of the US Park Service], informed his boss that the presence of the cross violated the Constitution’s establishment clause.
Buono is Catholic, but he said he was offended by the religious display on federal land. "The cross is important to me because it is the indispensable symbol of the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ," Buono said in an interview. "But it isn’t right that the symbol of my religion, or any religion, be permanently affixed to federal land." http://sweetness-light.com/archive/high-court-to-rule-on-wwi-mojave-cross#

ecfree
10-09-09, 08:55 PM
OK,this hump Buono,is an A** HOLE.....Let them fight it out,I think they'll lose....
I like what it says at the end of that artical....
The aclu and the taiban are the same......
Nuff said.....
SEMPER FI MY BROTHER and GOD BLESS....
ED