PDA

View Full Version : Trading contracts?

P00LEE
09-29-09, 06:03 PM
hey guys, a friend of mine just traded his motor t contract to a poolee at another station for his infantry contract. My ship date is rapidly approaching so i figured i may as well give this a shot. I have an AF contract and i have been trying to get a combat related job since i was assigned this, im in southern CA RS San Diego. I believe you have to fall under this RS for it to work so pm me if you have any type of infantry contract including security forces, or combat engineer. thanks

Capital M
09-29-09, 06:41 PM
Wow Your buddy got really lucky. No idea why someone would voluntarily give up Infantry

I don't know if you've tried but you can always ask your recruiter to see if he can switch you to something like Comm for a chance at Field Radio Operator or Artillery for a chance at Fire Support Man. A couple of Marines that I grew up with/went to high school with, hold these MOS's and they are both attached to Infantry units.
Worth a shot right?

Anyways good luck to you.

P00LEE
09-29-09, 08:26 PM
Wow Your buddy got really lucky. No idea why someone would voluntarily give up Infantry

I don't know if you've tried but you can always ask your recruiter to see if he can switch you to something like Comm for a chance at Field Radio Operator or Artillery for a chance at Fire Support Man. A couple of Marines that I grew up with/went to high school with, hold these MOS's and they are both attached to Infantry units.
Worth a shot right?

Anyways good luck to you.

thanks, idk why either. hes not the only one though. 2 poolees at my RS gave up infantry contracts for non combat related jobs too. alot of scurred poolees around here i guess, haha.

HookNLadder
09-29-09, 09:13 PM
Ill through in my chips too. Any one want to trade a UH (infantry contract) for a CE (tanks) contract? I leave on 20091207 to Parris Island. send me a pm.

Endurance89
09-29-09, 09:31 PM
Ill through in my chips too. Any one want to trade a UH (infantry contract) for a CE (tanks) contract? I leave on 20091207 to Parris Island. send me a pm.

Wow. I would me left nut for a UH contract. I am currently geared with a Aircrew shipping 20100104 MCRDSD.

Good luck getting the tank gig.

HookNLadder
09-29-09, 09:46 PM
Wow. I would me left nut for a UH contract. I am currently geared with a Aircrew shipping 20100104 MCRDSD.

Good luck getting the tank gig.
You misunderstood I have a tank contract and I am looking for a infantry contract.

Capital M
09-29-09, 10:02 PM
thanks, idk why either. hes not the only one though. 2 poolees at my RS gave up infantry contracts for non combat related jobs too. alot of scurred poolees around here i guess, haha.

I guess Infantry isn't for everybody. But, now that I think of it, maybe he decided to go for a relatively more stable job to be with family. Things like that.

Endurance89
09-30-09, 01:18 PM
You misunderstood I have a tank contract and I am looking for a infantry contract.

Oh, haha.

Well good luck getting what you want, man.

I would really like to get a UH or UW; I have really hit my stride (no pun intended) with running; my pullups are steadily climbing since I started the Armstrong Program; and I was a competitive swimmer until a year and a half ago. I would really like a shot at recon, and I know that an infantry contract is the easist way to take that shot.

I would like to note, though, that I wouldn't be taking an infantry contract just for the shot at recon. I have aspirations to bcome SWAT someday, and I have always wanted to be a part of the world's most elite infantry.

BruceLee
09-30-09, 08:56 PM
hey guys, a friend of mine just traded his motor t contract to a poolee at another station for his infantry contract. My ship date is rapidly approaching so i figured i may as well give this a shot. I have an AF contract and i have been trying to get a combat related job since i was assigned this, im in southern CA RS San Diego. I believe you have to fall under this RS for it to work so pm me if you have any type of infantry contract including security forces, or combat engineer. thanks

WHAT IS AF?

Endurance89
10-01-09, 04:49 PM
I believe that AF is the "sister" MOS to my AG. AG is enlisted aircrew, AF is Avionics Mechanic.

Mike1992
10-18-09, 07:06 AM
so to trade contracts you have to be from the same recruiting station? or the same state?

i'm from Bolingbrook, IL.....I think my contract is UW or UH, but I know for a fact it is Security Forces. I am looking to trade with someone who has Infantry

pm me please

Capital M
10-18-09, 03:12 PM
so to trade contracts you have to be from the same recruiting station? or the same state?

i'm from Bolingbrook, IL.....I think my contract is UW or UH, but I know for a fact it is Security Forces. I am looking to trade with someone who has Infantry

pm me please

It's region I think. Security forces is infantry, you just spend two years guarding something and 3 years in infantry. I'd be psyched to have it if I wanted infantry.

LJ27
10-18-09, 08:56 PM
I got Infantry even though my recruiter said it wouldnt open up until next July. I wonder did him being a grunt have anything to do with it? I just told him I wanted it not even a week ago.