PDA

View Full Version : A Question for All Marines

ZombieWolf
09-29-09, 01:07 PM
Good Morning Marines,

My friend, and fellow poolee, brought up a question that I found interesting, and I thought I would post it up here.

How has being a Marine affected your everyday life, way of thinking, and overall view of life and our world?

Thanks, Marines!
And thank you for your service.

-Mike

sparkie
09-29-09, 02:39 PM
Whether it's a job interview, or a traffic accident,,I'm a bad mofo, and the world can kiss my green,,,,

Any more questions?

BR34
09-29-09, 02:53 PM
I learned how to comfortably s*it in any clime or place.

Zulu 36
09-29-09, 03:01 PM
Good Morning Marines,

My friend, and fellow poolee, brought up a question that I found interesting, and I thought I would post it up here.

How has being a Marine affected your everyday life, way of thinking, and overall view of life and our world?

Thanks, Marines!
And thank you for your service.

-Mike

Well, lets see.

- I learned that it's hard to be humble when you are the best.

- I hate being late to anything. Late being less than 15-minutes early.

- I hate not having a straight gig line even in civvies.

- I always wear a belt.

- I hate communists or anyone who acts like one (including Islamofascists) as they are the enemies of mankind, no matter what they say. I've seen them in action. Actions speak louder than words.

- I learned how to frighten people with a look.

- I learned how to frighten people with my voice.

- I learned how to really frighten people using a look and my voice. Making someone (a criminal) poop in their pants is the apex of this skill set. Never used against children or the law abiding.

- My political views were strengthened (conservative).

- I hate people who are cruel to children and animals. However, I do believe in giving a misbehaving kid a good whuppin' when necessary and animals are food.

- Everyone should serve some time in the military.

- I love SOS.

- I became more knowledgeable of the world through military deployments. Get out of the liberty towns and go meet the real people.

- I became more knowledgeable of and tolerant of other religions as long as they aren't being shoved down my throat (a la Islam).

- I learned that I can do damned near anything I set my mind to (as long as the body cooperates at my age).

- I learned that you don't have to train to be miserable. It comes naturally. However, learning how to be tolerably comfortable when you should be totally miserable takes practice.

Rooger
09-29-09, 03:32 PM
Well said!

josephd
09-29-09, 03:44 PM
I have less patience, I am very direct with people, I cuss a lot more, I have no shame, more confident/cocky. With all this I have gained a greater perspective on what is truly important in life

thewookie
09-29-09, 04:15 PM
It's a mindset that you carry with you for the rest of your life.

I was in for eight years and now I've been out for ten years but I can still honestly say that some things about me have not changed since the day I got out. This mindset helps me a lot; almost daily, I can trace a smart move, thought, or action back to some experience that I had in the Marine Corps.

You truly hold the title of Marine for the rest of your life.

People have expectations of me once they know I am a Marine. And just like when I was in -- I live to exceed expectations, theirs and mine. :flag:

echo3oscar1833
09-29-09, 04:16 PM
I have less patience, I am very direct with people, I cuss a lot more, I have no shame, more confident/cocky. With all this I have gained a greater perspective on what is truly important in life

I guess each person is different, I'd say for me its has made me more patience of other people. It has made me more direct with people, but also more tactful with people in general. I do have shame, when it comes to right and wrong. If I do something wrong I know it, because I feel it. I do agree with the perspective on life in general it opens your eyes to true stupidity of mankind.:D

Petz
09-29-09, 04:33 PM
echo, that's cause you took so long waiting to PEB! haha.

most of what everyone is saying has one thing in common, The Marine Corps made us all Men. Kicked us in the butt, told to us to take responsibility for our actions and never apologize.

echo3oscar1833
09-29-09, 05:12 PM
echo, that's cause you took so long waiting to PEB! haha.

most of what everyone is saying has one thing in common, The Marine Corps made us all Men. Kicked us in the butt, told to us to take responsibility for our actions and never apologize.

thats true haha :D

ameriken
09-29-09, 06:02 PM
I do have shame, when it comes to right and wrong. If I do something wrong I know it, because I feel it.

OK echo, I gotta call BS on this one.......based on some other posts you've written in the hooch, I've gotta question that! :D

echo3oscar1833
09-29-09, 06:09 PM
OK echo, I gotta call BS on this one.......based on some other posts you've written in the hooch, I've gotta question that! :D

You caught me haha, Im trying to sound responsible lol:D

Phantom Blooper
09-29-09, 06:18 PM
I do have shame, when it comes to right and wrong.

One part of the human male body is said to have a conscience......and the other part does not!

:evilgrin: