PDA

View Full Version : dep recruiting help

evanmontella10
09-25-09, 10:20 PM
I was wondering if anyone else has done the two other recruit enlistment program and has any advice how I could find some people. I have a little more than 50 days left and really wanted to get going on it. This could be the easiest way to get a promotion and I don't want to waste it, I've already started talking to two friends about it but I doubt their real interest. Either way I need to get people within the next few days or I'll run out of time before I ship for them to swear in. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

gonzo4
09-25-09, 10:27 PM
Someone from my RS posted about this topic on this forum. If you look at some past posts for about a month I'm sure you'll find it.

Polster
09-26-09, 05:22 PM
Definately look for that thread but I find the best way is to go to your old school's ROTC and recruit there and just talk about the marines non stop, also put your recruiters buisness card up in shops that will let you or go to the mall or an amusement park and talk about the marines to people, ask your recruiter for tips.:thumbup:

sparkie
09-26-09, 06:42 PM
OMG,,,,, This is sad. Go sell Amway,,,,,,,,

evanmontella10
09-27-09, 08:15 PM
I didn't understand the last post. The other two were very helpful though I did check out the threads on that topic and they were very helpful. I'm going to start moving in on this and getting it done, I know a few people of interest and I have a few friends that still are in school mentioning it to kids for me. A delegate down situation of sorts.

sparkie
09-27-09, 08:28 PM
Figures,,,,,, You're lookin for someone to boost your career. What don't you understand about that?

evanmontella10
09-27-09, 10:01 PM
I've only spoken to a few people that were expressing interest in it before one of my best friends and another kid I played football for three years with. I wouldn't talk a moron into it or someone who I didn't think would stand a chance. Which I don't know how good my judgement is anymore or ever was because there was a kid from my school who's graduating on Oct. 15th with one of my best friends also and no one along with myself thought he had it in him. No disrespect either but I think that if you had a chance to help yourself out with an easy task as finding two poolees to enlist wouldn't it be right to take advantage of that? I'm taking for granted that I'm going to make it through no problem I'm quite confident I will but I think its a smart move on my part to try and better myself.

Polster
09-28-09, 09:46 AM
I've only spoken to a few people that were expressing interest in it before one of my best friends and another kid I played football for three years with. I wouldn't talk a moron into it or someone who I didn't think would stand a chance. Which I don't know how good my judgement is anymore or ever was because there was a kid from my school who's graduating on Oct. 15th with one of my best friends also and no one along with myself thought he had it in him. No disrespect either but I think that if you had a chance to help yourself out with an easy task as finding two poolees to enlist wouldn't it be right to take advantage of that? I'm taking for granted that I'm going to make it through no problem I'm quite confident I will but I think its a smart move on my part to try and better myself.

That is an easy way to get promoted I have a couple friends who are going to Paris Island PFC because they recruited two people into the DEP. Another easy way is if you took ROTC for 2 years I believe it is or were in Civil Air Patrol or Boy Scouts and there are other ways as well but I don't remember them all.

MarinesFTW
10-01-09, 10:02 PM
12 College Credits, Eagle Scout, 2 referrals, and I dont remember what it is for ROTC.

Polster
10-02-09, 08:45 AM
12 College Credits, Eagle Scout, 2 referrals, and I dont remember what it is for ROTC.

It's 2 years in ROTC.

Capital M
10-02-09, 01:31 PM
That is an easy way to get promoted I have a couple friends who are going to Paris Island PFC because they recruited two people into the DEP. Another easy way is if you took ROTC for 2 years I believe it is or were in Civil Air Patrol or Boy Scouts and there are other ways as well but I don't remember them all.

I don't really think this thread is about how to get promoted. He ships out in the next few months so ROTC, Eagle Scout and college credits are out. He's just looking for tips to get recruiting help.

Underdawg
10-02-09, 01:43 PM
Why not just bust your azz in recruit training and get PFC meritoriously? Or wait the 6 months and just get promoted like everyone else. I was fortunate to have been granted a PFC contract because of my MCJROTC classes in high school, but I wouldn't recommend you try and talk people into joining, just so you can get promoted.

Robbie123
10-15-09, 08:40 AM
but I wouldn't recommend you try and talk people into joining, just so you can get promoted.

Yeah that's where I had trouble with getting the two referrals.
I didn't want to try and convince someone to join who didn't want to so I just talked to my friends who were interested and wanting to go Marines and just helped them get in contact with my recruiter before they called them up.

My tip is- look for friends already interested in the military / Marines and if they are then you can help them by getting them in touch with your recruiter.

So I mean if they're already interested and want to do that with their life, then I'm not convincing them..just pointing them the way I went.

trmptplyr
10-15-09, 10:15 AM
but I wouldn't recommend you try and talk people into joining, just so you can get promoted.

Why the hell not? It's a legitimate option that the Marine Corps is giving to poolees to help jumpstart their careers. There's no good reason to not at least give it an honest try.

evanmontella10
10-15-09, 11:01 AM
I didn't expect this to get so much attention, anyway I only talked to two of my friends about considering joining ones a still a senior my other friend is a freshman in college and neither were at the point where they wanted to make the decision so I left it alone. I didn't lie to either one I just told them how great I think it is cause I'm really excited to go soon after being pushed back since I was supposed to be leaving two days ago. So when I got pushed back I thought it was worth a try seeing who I could get under my belt. Since then I've let go of trying to convince either one, and if one of them decides to join the credit is going to another friend of mine who just graduated from Parris Island. Now I'm just focusing on being in top physical shape. Thanks for the advice from everyone.

Capital M
10-15-09, 12:26 PM
Why the hell not? It's a legitimate option that the Marine Corps is giving to poolees to help jumpstart their careers. There's no good reason to not at least give it an honest try.

Lol, she's gone man. Shipped out on the 13th.

OP. Good luck to you

trmptplyr
10-15-09, 03:33 PM
Good point. lol