PDA

View Full Version : Too long of a wait for AD

ajsr6
09-17-09, 05:52 PM
I have seen posts similar to this but none just like it.I literally sold EVERYTHING to come live with my fiance before i go to boot camp.(she is a marine)My recruiter told me if i made it up here by Sept. i would be able to leave for boot camp by Feb. which is cool because my fiance leaves for afghanistan in june so shed be able to come to my graduation.Now that i'm up here he is telling me i'll have to wait till JUNE!!!so not only would she not see my graduation but id be bored out of my mind when she and everyone else i know here is gone.So my recruiter sugested goin Reserve and he said if i did that i could not only graduate in time for her to make it but probably switch over to AD before i would be able to actually get out of boot camp going the AD contract which would put me at sept (a year a way)It sounds too easy which usually means its a lie.No offense to anyone but i would be DEVESTATED if i got stuck as a "dirty marine"(reserve).I want to be in this for real.I guess i'm looking for opinions and experience in this matter.Do you think it's a lie??How hard is it to switch over??I just want in !!!!

Rocky C
09-17-09, 05:57 PM
I have seen posts similar to this but none just like it.I literally sold EVERYTHING to come live with my fiance before i go to boot camp.(she is a marine)My recruiter told me if i made it up here by Sept. i would be able to leave for boot camp by Feb. which is cool because my fiance leaves for afghanistan in june so shed be able to come to my graduation.Now that i'm up here he is telling me i'll have to wait till JUNE!!!so not only would she not see my graduation but id be bored out of my mind when she and everyone else i know here is gone.So my recruiter sugested goin Reserve and he said if i did that i could not only graduate in time for her to make it but probably switch over to AD before i would be able to actually get out of boot camp going the AD contract which would put me at sept (a year a way)It sounds too easy which usually means its a lie.No offense to anyone but i would be DEVESTATED if i got stuck as a "dirty marine"(reserve).I want to be in this for real.I guess i'm looking for opinions and experience in this matter.Do you think it's a lie??How hard is it to switch over??I just want in !!!!

Dirty Marine???
You're an IDIOT!!!

Lisa 23
09-17-09, 05:58 PM
You really need to fill out all of your profile so the Marines here know who they are talking to, and you may also want to read the rules in the Poolee forum.
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
No profile, no answers.

ameriken
09-17-09, 06:58 PM
This isnt 'IdontkillIsteal' under another username is it? The term 'dirty marine' leads me to think he's trying to make some waves and watch the effects.

Petz
09-17-09, 07:18 PM
stick to your guns and stay AD, if you don't want to be a reservist then I don't see where you're having the problem?

it's hard to switch from reserve to AD, I think you need to wait like a year or something... not really sure so don't take what I say as gospel.

who cares if your future wife is at your graduation anyways? she was there once.