PDA

View Full Version : A few of my personal misc questions about contracts, MOS, and ship dates.

NK2009
09-12-09, 09:21 PM
Hello, I've been reading these boards for a while and they seem to have a great amount of information that is useful for everyone who comes looking for it. Unfortunately I have questions that would be quite specific to my own case and cant seem to find any answers.

I'm currently DEP'd, sworn , and on contract. Unfortunately it is an open contract. I want to ship with an 03 contract. At the time there were no 03 spots left and I was told that I would have to wait for the fiscal year to reset in October and the MOS to be opened again. I was told that I would be "pencilled in" for an 03 spot in October but wouldnt I need to sign a new contract? As I understand, if I arrive to an MCRD on an open contract still I will be placed in any job even if I did not want it. Is there any way to have an 03 spot guaranteed? Is a new contract the only way? My line scores were:
MM GT EL CL
115 122 114 116
I also am scheduled to ship in December but would love to ship much sooner. What are the chances of this happening? Do Poolees typically drop or delay their ship dates?

At the MCRD I was told that all potential 03s would be carrying their issued gear everywhere. Was this just a rumor or is this true? What is the washout rate because of medical/failure/dropout/etc? These are curiosity questions for me rather than a deterrent to picking 03 and enlisting.

Lisa 23
09-12-09, 09:24 PM
Fill out all of your profile so when Marines come here to answer your questions, they know who they are talking to, and read the rules in the Poolee and the Ask A Marine forums.