PDA

View Full Version : The Poolee Referral Program - Need some help getting people interested

coolfir3pwnz
09-12-09, 07:17 PM
I'm not in HS anymore, I've been depped since January. 1st.Holt of the Naval and Marine Reserve Center in Plainville, CT spoke to us about the program and how it would help our recruiters out. What would be some good ways to get people interested? I'm 17, HS grad, highly motivated and ready to rock. I was at Subway today after running a CFT and ran into a classmate of mine who is now a Senior. I spoke to him about the Corps and he wanted me to have my recruiter call him. I also told him that if he knew anyone else that was "Marine Corps caliber," to send them my way. Any ideas on how to get people interested?

coolfir3pwnz
09-12-09, 07:29 PM
I understand that some of you Marines don't necessarily agree with or even like this new policy, but please don't flame me. I'm just trying to help myself and my recruiter out. He's a good guy with a ****ty area for contracts.

HookNLadder
09-12-09, 08:51 PM
http://candyaddict.com/blog/candy_images/free_candy_van.jpg

or

Talk to people on facebook, go out and meet new people, ask your friends. Your best bet is to ask your recruiter what you can do, he is the expert on recruiting. My recruiter has had poolees come to job fairs, come to high schools, pass out fliers on the street and what not. If one of these actions gets some one to join then the poolee helping out gets the credit.

coolfir3pwnz
09-12-09, 09:00 PM
http://candyaddict.com/blog/candy_images/free_candy_van.jpg

or

Talk to people on facebook, go out and meet new people, ask your friends. Your best bet is to ask your recruiter what you can do, he is the expert on recruiting. My recruiter has had poolees come to job fairs, come to high schools, pass out fliers on the street and what not. If one of these actions gets some one to join then the poolee helping out gets the credit.Good to go. I'll have to ask him on Monday, then.

MarinesFTW
09-12-09, 11:20 PM
Good to go. I'll have to ask him on Monday, then.

I would normally go to the RS and do some paper work then him and me would go and walk the mall's and stores, normally getting kicked out of 2-3 for salicitating (SP?).

Capital M
09-13-09, 12:58 AM
Solicitation** lol

I've noticed a lot of different reactions from people toward the Marine Corps.

We were holding our pool function in a public park today. It was a bit rainy, and There we were, lying down doing crunches in the middle of a soaking wet field, getting screamed at (about 30 of us) and got quite a few weird looks from morning walkers/youth soccer that was there trying to decide whether it was safe to play or not. It made me smile.

Keep it up, even if your banned from the mall:flag:

Maybe you'll run into a store manager who is a former Marine.

Hartford
09-13-09, 02:06 AM
Hahaha funny image picturing the mom's and kids going through the park seeing you getting screamed at.

Capital M
09-13-09, 08:21 AM
Yeah thankfully they were in a cars and parked about 100 yards away. Otherwise they would of heard some pretty 'inappropriate' things. Fun stuff.

Cressler
09-13-09, 11:34 AM
haha funny story time....my RSS got banned from running around the mall that the RSS is stationed in becuase we were running up a hill and the one kid fell down the hill and got a concussion

coolfir3pwnz
09-13-09, 12:38 PM
haha funny story time....my RSS got banned from running around the mall that the RSS is stationed in becuase we were running up a hill and the one kid fell down the hill and got a concussionYour RSS is stationed in a mall? That would make for some awesome AC'ing.

Cressler
09-13-09, 04:59 PM
we dont' run in the mall but nice try :P

coolfir3pwnz
09-13-09, 10:22 PM
we dont' run in the mall but nice try :PLol duh I knew that. I didn't score an 80 for no reason.:p But just the fact that you have so many different people walking by the office at any given time makes for good recruiting. You could probably get 2 referrals if you went for a walk and started talking to people at the mall.

Cressler
09-13-09, 10:44 PM
nah i live in a pretty redneck part of PA it's a pretty deserted mall and the station is at the very end by like a hair salon and nail place lol but the hair places gives a nice high and tight lol it's were i'm gonna go after bootcamp before mct lol