PDA

View Full Version : infantry contracts

HookNLadder
09-12-09, 04:22 PM
So today at our monthly pool function my recruiter delivered some sobering news. He said that said that he wont be able to get any infantry contracts for those that want them and that its time to pick another job. I've been in the DEP since April with no job and another poolee has been in the DEP for a year and is getting ready to ship this week with an open contract. We are both trying to get infantry along with a few others. My recruiter also said the Marine Corps wont be putting out a new list of jobs in October as expected.
Is any one else herring the same sorta stuff?

LJ27
09-12-09, 05:30 PM
Yeah pretty much the same here. At our function (IST), one of the recruiter said to another recruiter, "dont promise him anything. there arent many infantry spots left". But earlier he said there were none at all, or any job for that matter.

Tatom
09-12-09, 05:46 PM
It depends on your region. I am picking up an infantry contract at the end of this month when the fiscal year ends and the new jobs come back around. SSgt said there were 28 spots opening, and one contract with a bonus. Of course infantry is difficult to get, and there are limited spots, though, every little hot head fresh out of HS is trying to grab that contract. You have to work for them, be on your recruiter and if it's what you really want - then don't ship.