PDA

View Full Version : Expect a longer wait to join.

AndrewMacieira
09-03-09, 08:33 PM
I was with my Gunny today doing my final IST and while I was in the office a kid came in and asked the ETA to ship off to boot camp as Active Duty, next October. Reserve duty is around March.

Tatom
09-03-09, 08:59 PM
Ship dates, as far as I know, are also based on the MOS you go as so you could snag a spot earlier - and of course there are always the people that drop. However, reason being that people are being pushed back is because the Marine Corps is well over full right now...there are no male recruits shipping in the month of September which is flooding a bunch more poolees to later dates, it's a chain reaction.

MattNC
09-03-09, 09:53 PM
Of course you mean next September, correct? I'm leaving this coming Tuesday.

Capital M
09-03-09, 10:09 PM
Matt, you also have to take into account region. I swore in less than a month ago and got March 1st. I think my RS is still shipping kids spring/early summer now

Cressler
09-03-09, 10:10 PM
I was with my Gunny today doing my final IST and while I was in the office a kid came in and asked the ETA to ship off to boot camp as Active Duty, next October. Reserve duty is around March.

GUNNERY SERGEANT!! IF YOU CALL HIM GUNNNY IN THE RS CUASE HE WANTS YOU TO THAT FINE BUT NOT ON HERE

Capital M
09-03-09, 10:19 PM
:evilgrin:

Cressler's going to be a Drill Instructor

as soon as he squares away his spelling and grammar heh heh;)

sbombard15
09-04-09, 01:56 AM
Dude chill out a little bit, it was a first time offense and he probably didt know.

JMarple
09-04-09, 02:10 AM
yeah chill out man..you know not everybody on here is a Experienced POOLEE ;)

thekevo
09-04-09, 02:18 AM
More power to you Cressler.

Agreed.

atimmons
09-04-09, 03:01 AM
I think the latest ship in our DEP Pool right now is next October. Craziness. I fortunately only have to wait till January.

Hartford
09-04-09, 04:32 AM
I think the latest ship in our DEP Pool right now is next October. Craziness. I fortunately only have to wait till January.
You go to PI, right? We're getting murdered on the same day, hah.

sparkie
09-04-09, 06:39 AM
GUNNERY SERGEANT!! IF YOU CALL HIM GUNNNY IN THE RS CUASE HE WANTS YOU TO THAT FINE BUT NOT ON HERE

You guys keep me laughing,,,,especially yelling with mis-spelled words, LOL

MarinesFTW
09-04-09, 08:44 AM
The DI's arn't going to pull you to the side ask whats going on and why dont you just get with the ****in program, they will get IN YOUR FACE and ask you that question with VOLUME. If people are freaking about it over a website, your going to be ****ing your pants at boot camp.

sbombard15
09-04-09, 11:10 AM
Thats all ok but thats a DI talking/yelling face to face. This is a poolee yelling at another poolee who made a mistake for the first time over the internet. Big difference.

MarinesFTW
09-04-09, 11:14 AM
Na, if your feelings get hurt over the internet, well, you should just go haze yourself then.

sbombard15
09-04-09, 11:16 AM
Agreed but you guys need to step back and stop acting like Marines policing this site because your not.

Capital M
09-04-09, 11:28 AM
1) sbombard

If a poolee can't handle another poolee yelling him, then that first poolee shouldn't be joining the Marine Corps

When you get to boot, are you going to whine because the Platoon Guide is yelling at you for fvcking up, using the reason that "he's not a Marine" to make your point?

2) Both of you, it's Drill Instructors, not DI's. Respect.

MarinesFTW
09-04-09, 01:32 PM
Ugh, just use to putting DI, gotten yelled at for it before lol. Good point's Capital M, at poolee functions our guides and squad leaders can yell at us for messing up, and I SURE AS HELL am not going to use that excuse.

PS: Capital M, dont go around the cencer. The Mods dont like when poolee's go around it, once again, personal experence.

Capital M
09-04-09, 01:50 PM
That's what were all here for. Helping each other out. Thanks MarinesFTW

MarinesFTW
09-04-09, 03:11 PM
No problem, glad to help.

sbombard15
09-04-09, 07:22 PM
Wow. Thats all I can say.

Capital M
09-04-09, 10:21 PM
Wow. Thats all I can say.

Speak your mind. Don't just say wow.

It's the veteran Poolees' job to make sure rules are followed in the Poolee hall. "Yelling" is a quick, firm way to set things straight with any person, new or experienced. If you aren't an advocate of this type of leadership/initiative, by both peers and superiors, the military may not be right for you. Food for thought.

We're all preparing for the Marine Corps here and in case you haven't noticed, the Corps isn't sweet and nice. There aren't any sweet little warnings when you screw up.

Some people are here to prepare seriously. Something you better get used to. This isn't a social club for us Poolees.

Hartford
09-05-09, 01:47 AM
All I'm going to say is "yelling" on the internet is kind of dumb...there's a time and place for everything. It's not real life, Drill Instructor in your face, screaming...it's capital letters.

I think we can all handle capital letters...just tell him to say Gunnery Sergeant, not Gunny.

gonzo4
09-05-09, 03:19 AM
I agree there is a time and a place to use certain times to correct someone with more force. I never read a rule until that thread came out about referring to a Gunnery Sgt as Gunny or GySgt.

Tell the poolee who made the infraction where they can find the information they need to correct the situation. There is no need to publicly correct someone. When I see a new member on here I usually shoot them a PM to let them know whats going on.

Remember a good leader praises in public and corrects in private. We all are here to become leader in one of the greatest brother/sisterhoods in the world. No need to start burning bridges and getting a rep as a jerk because of an online forum.

sbombard15
09-05-09, 02:51 PM
At least now I know there are some poolees on here with common sense. And capital m, the reason that all I can say to you is wow is because you are to stupid to follow simple reasoning.:thumbup:

Capital M
09-05-09, 03:52 PM
See none of this was personal. That's the simple logic you don't understand. But if you want to be immature enough to take it to that level, knock yourself out.

I really want to be at recruit training when you whine about how one of your fellow recruits is yelling at you

:beer: Cheers

sbombard15
09-05-09, 04:49 PM
A fellow recruit wont be in my face yelling at me because the DI will yell at them. Its the DI's job to fix mistakes not the guy next to you. Have you ever played sports? If so has your coach ever let your teammates yell at each other on the field for a missed block or dropped pass? Its the same concept.

Books
09-05-09, 05:36 PM

You may be allowed to spell poorly and use bad grammar at your RS, but we have rules here. You are setting a bad example to new members when you can't follow these rules yourself. More importantly, show respect to other members. You aren't a Drill Instructor and you never went to Drill Instructor school. You aren't even a Marine. Calm down.

Capital M
09-05-09, 06:34 PM
A fellow recruit wont be in my face yelling at me because the DI will yell at them. Its the DI's job to fix mistakes not the guy next to you. Have you ever played sports? If so has your coach ever let your teammates yell at each other on the field for a missed block or dropped pass? Its the same concept.

If you go into Boot Camp thinking you're just going to be looking out for yourself, well then your going to be in a world of hurt. One of the main themes of Recruit training is team work. But if you want to be selfish and let the Drill Instructors take care of everything, go right ahead. I just feel bad for the guy sitting next to you in class who accidentally dosed off, and instead of you giving him a little nudge, he get's woken up by which ever Marine is running the training.

Watch Ears Open Eyeballs Click in case you haven't. The small, censored view of boot camp, you see recruits in billet positions yelling at other recruits when they screw up.

Why? Because the Corps employs small unit leadership, from the start. That's why there are billet positions at recruit training. The Drill Instructors are looking for recruits to rise above the rest to learn how to lead. Sure, the Drill Instructors will be yelling at you, but they will also be looking for their billeted recruits to enforce the little that they don't see.

And

Yes I have played sports. 4 years varsity basketball in high school. And yes, the captains did correct, and sometimes yell, at the team for screwing up. Why? Because our coach also utilized small unit leadership. And if I'm not mistaken, he was a former Marine.

My point? there is no need to tell Cressler to chill out. He's taking initiative and learning how to best lead by, taking action. Will he refrain from using large capital letters next time for a simple mistake? Hopefully. Lesson learned for him.

sbombard, if you have a personal vendetta against me, by all means take it to the PMs

but

I'd suggest the moderators lock this thread before it becomes an all out flame war.

johnb08
09-05-09, 09:40 PM
Hahaha..it's gonna get interesting when all of you go to boot camp. Cressler keep it up, hopefully you'll get made a squad leader or a guide, I hope you have balls in person and not just over the internet, if you do you'll do well in boot camp.

JustinG
09-05-09, 11:26 PM
They all want to be tough guys with a keyboard :evilgrin:

atimmons
09-05-09, 11:36 PM
You go to PI, right? We're getting murdered on the same day, hah.

Sry bro, I'm going to SD

yoitsfrank
09-05-09, 11:39 PM
Can all poolees please keep track of the thread. The thread title was not "lets make this a chat room and yell at each other." That said I was wondering if this effects everywhere or only certain areas? I have a few people in mind for referrals?

Capital M
09-06-09, 12:04 AM
Can all poolees please keep track of the thread. The thread title was not "lets make this a chat room and yell at each other." That said I was wondering if this effects everywhere or only certain areas? I have a few people in mind for referrals?

Yeah. It all depends on how well the RS is doing with recruiting. In general, the Marine Corps is getting more people trying to enlist, but it differs for each region. The OP said next available shipdate out of his RS was like October next year. My RS is around April for AD, and sometime late fall/early winter this year for reserves. Have your friends go talk to a recruiter. Can't hurt right?

PooleeFiechter
09-07-09, 12:29 AM
They all want to be tough guys with a keyboard :evilgrin:

AKA a keyboard warrior.
Fighting over the internet is like competing in the special olympics. No matter how hard you try, you're still retarded. Let that be a phrase to remember.

RyanFling
09-08-09, 03:24 AM
At my RS, the last time I heard, the next open ship spot was in... December of next year, I believe. But the Recruiters aren't really cutting people yet. Not that I really stick around and socialize with other Poolees.

Gerken
09-10-09, 05:02 PM
AKA a keyboard warrior.
Fighting over the internet is like competing in the special olympics. No matter how hard you try, you're still retarded. Let that be a phrase to remember.
Ahh, good stuff, lol.