PDA

View Full Version : How do you get into a F.A.S.T company?

Poolee Fraser
08-28-09, 09:24 PM
Hey everyone, I have a question that has yet been successfully answered. I swore in to the Marines on April 21st, 2009 and took a UV security forces which is my first choice MOS, but I would like to know how to get into a F.A.S.T company after you complete security force school in Virginia? I heard its luck of the draw but also heard you can ask for it.

Petz
08-28-09, 09:28 PM
I think this has been covered before.

do a search.

then read the rules and fill out your profile to the max

ecfree
08-28-09, 09:29 PM
I can't answer you question Fraser,but I can say this....You need to fill out a better profile then the one you have now,if you expect answers....:evilgrin:

Poolee Fraser
08-28-09, 09:42 PM
Alright I updated it.

MLMonk
08-30-09, 12:43 AM
You get selected. I got 2 friends in it right now and they both said they were chosen into FAST.

J Cooper
08-30-09, 08:12 AM
MLMonk is correct. You join the infantry as an 03 and then you get selected for it. Kind of like you have to be at the right place at the right time to get into FAST Company. Some have to go on boards to get in, others dont have a choice.

FAST3F2
09-14-09, 02:30 PM
MLMonk is correct. You join the infantry as an 03 and then you get selected for it. Kind of like you have to be at the right place at the right time to get into FAST Company. Some have to go on boards to get in, others dont have a choice.

That is mostly true. It is true that their is no set way to get into FAST CO, but you are on the right track. By enlisting as UV Security Forces you will be sent to Marine Corps Security Force Training Co in Chesapeake, VA after you complete Infantry School. Most of your peers will be sent directly to a fleet unit, but you will go to additional school. During your training at MCSFT Co you will be given a wish list to fill out. As we all know they don't mean much, the Corps is going to send you where the Corps needs you. Shortly before the end of your training there you will be assigned to one of the many companies under MCSF Bn.