PDA

View Full Version : HELP!32 on asvab....what jobs are available?

gatojavi
08-09-09, 11:53 PM
hi everyone,id like to know what type of mos can i take with a 32 score on asvab...thank you.

derikdrock1989
08-10-09, 12:29 AM
I'm not to sure, not much really. If i was you i would go to your nearest book store and get the ASVAB study guide. I got it being that i was 2 years out of HS and its been a while. But the book does problems step by step and it greatly helped me higher my asvab score. I took it once in high school and then took it again at MEPS and the difference was very noticable. Good luck to you but that is my advice. Atleast try and take it again before you settle for less.

HammerOfJustice
08-10-09, 01:03 AM
hi everyone,id like to know what type of mos can i take with a 32 score on asvab...thank you.

32 is the lowest AFQT allowed to enlist without a very rare exception to policy waiver, and even then it will require you to be a High School graduate (no GED).

However, which jobs you're eligible for at that level will depend on your ASVAB line scores. Obviously your recruiter can discuss these options with you, but there's a list on about.com that I found with a quick google search: http://usmilitary.about.com/od/marines/l/blusmcasvab.htm

atimmons
08-10-09, 03:33 AM
You do what you have to do. Don't feel rushed into the first MOS that fits score category. If you have an MOS that you really want, get yourself prepared either by tutor or ASVAB practice stuff and take it again. Don't settle for a low score, work hard and aim high!

SeanRyan32
08-10-09, 05:23 AM
For the jobs on about.com, you're going to need to know your GT scores among others (that is, not just your AFQT score). Ask your recruiter for these.

JBrennan1226
08-10-09, 09:11 AM
Don't worry about a low score, back in the day my recruiter scored a 32, and he does logistics now. You can always retake it

gatojavi
08-10-09, 09:35 AM
thanks a lot!

cammedNslammed
08-10-09, 09:52 AM
Obviously you had to talk to a recruiter in order to take the asvab, why not just ask him what jobs are available at all and then what jobs are available to you with that score.

Cressler
08-10-09, 10:08 AM
i'd retake the asvab and you don't have to take the asvab with a recruiter lots of schools offer it many times during the year.....

and I'd try to retake it to get a better score

derikdrock1989
08-10-09, 10:10 AM
Like i said in my earlier post. Study, do some practice asvab stuff for about a month, retake it. Then you can atleast say you tried to better your score. Then go for a job.

MarinesFTW
08-10-09, 10:35 AM
i'd retake the asvab and you don't have to take the asvab with a recruiter lots of schools offer it many times during the year.....

Yeah, at my school my whole class took it one day. Preaty much at a 32, infantry and im guessing mabe cook's. These are just things off the top of my head, and am no way saying only dumb Marines work those jobs. I would give your recruiter a call, he can fill in all the blanks hopefully.

SabreJack
08-11-09, 01:39 AM
First of all, infantry requires a much higher score than a 32, I believe its in the 50s range. Second of all, talk to your recruiter. If for some reason you don't get a definitive answer from him, I would suggest posting a similar question in a different topic...such as in the "Ask a Marine" forum because none of us (with few exceptions) are Marines. But beware, there are rules against double posts. Your choices are very limited. Study, and retake it. What could it hurt, especially if you are still in school. If you have a family to support on the other hand, I could understand rushing to the recruiter's office.

cammedNslammed
08-11-09, 09:54 AM

+1

If he's in school then yes i wouldn't worry about that score, study, then retake it later. Regardless he needs to talk to a recruiter and see what his options are.

AMarine
08-11-09, 07:33 PM
Ask your recruiter about available jobs. Only some MOS's use your AFQT score. Others may use your line scores.

-AFM

harper20
08-11-09, 09:27 PM
dont worry i made a 34 overall but i took classes for 3 years on computer electronics and i made a 110+ on my Electronics portion for such a low score my MOS is 0600 Communications

CrimsonTrunk
08-11-09, 11:24 PM
I scored a 34 (doing infantry), and look at me, I'm the fastest poolee in my pool.:banana: I still have a while to shipout and hopefuly, my 1.5 mile will be under 8 min.