PDA

View Full Version : Interview saturday

Joshua Harris
08-06-09, 02:51 PM
so i find out today that i will be meeting with the SgtMaj for an interview...any of you poolees out there been through this interview??if you have could you please tell me what its like??thanks

Kreegz
08-06-09, 03:06 PM
It's pretty easy and it only takes about 5 minutes. He just asks you stuff about joining and about prior drug use. Just answer truthfully and you've got nothing to worry about.

Joshua Harris
08-06-09, 03:09 PM
It's pretty easy and it only takes about 5 minutes. He just asks you stuff about joining and about prior drug use. Just answer truthfully and you've got nothing to worry about.

THANKS...:yes:

cammedNslammed
08-06-09, 03:20 PM
Hmm, i dont remember any interview? Maybe other than the original sit-down with the GySgt. the day i walked in. Am i missing something?

Good luck either way though.

duarte
08-06-09, 03:37 PM
Remember not to admit to anything that you know deep in your heart they have no proof about... and if something ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

Good luck!

Joshua Harris
08-06-09, 03:45 PM
Remember not to admit to anything that you know deep in your heart they have no proof about... and if something ain't broke, don't try to fix it!

Good luck!

thanks bro!!

Joshua Harris
08-06-09, 03:47 PM
Hmm, i dont remember any interview? Maybe other than the original sit-down with the GySgt. the day i walked in. Am i missing something?

Good luck either way though.

trust me...you will have one..but then again i think it depends on the MOS...im not sure though

cammedNslammed
08-06-09, 08:23 PM
trust me...you will have one..but then again i think it depends on the MOS...im not sure though

i just talked to my SSgt yesterday and he said i was good to go as far as paperwork and required stuff prior to shipping so idk? What's your MOS, im aircraft maintenance.

sdonaldson13
08-06-09, 09:59 PM
Its probably with the Master Sgt. I doubt the Sgt Major. After we swore in at MEPS we went to the HQ and met with the Sgt Major and he welcomed us to his Corps that was it then we left.

They just review your packet that you have been truthful with everything and that you were treated right through the process... no worries..

JSam
08-06-09, 10:22 PM
Could be with a MSgt, Master Gunnery Sergeant, or SgtMaj. Any of the 'higher ups'.
Just checking you for fraudulent enlistment. No biggie.

HammerOfJustice
08-07-09, 02:19 AM
so i find out today that i will be meeting with the SgtMaj for an interview...any of you poolees out there been through this interview??if you have could you please tell me what its like??thanks

As others have mentioned, are you meeting with the Sergeant Major of your RS, or with the SNCOIC of your RSS? Big difference there.

At my RS, the Sergeant Major likes to meet with poolees who are shipping within the month, to confirm that all of our paperwork is correct, we didn't lie about anything, our recruiters didn't encourage us to lie, and that they've done their jobs in answering all our questions.

derikdrock1989
08-07-09, 10:29 AM
Dont sweat it. I had to meet with a Lt a few days after i swore in. He just asked me if i was truthful with everything and if my recruiter asked me to lie etc etc. Dont worry about it, not a big deal. Funny thing is, the Lt that did my interview, believe it or not i went to HS with him, so we mainly just spoke about my old HS wrestling team and the time we had way back.

thezero
08-07-09, 12:16 PM
You have nothing to worry about. The Sgt Major of my RS has come down a couple times.

What we did was, we arrived, he straightened a few people out (you know the bling bling, wearing hats, etc.) We did our pull ups, and we did them like we do down on the Island (no lean way what-so-ever). We went down to Bangor HS and we did our crunches and run. After words we had to report to the Sgt Major and the person who came with him. We were supposed to do the M-16 simulator's last function when he came but it was ruined, so we played ultamite frisbee as a team builder.

Capital M
08-07-09, 03:32 PM
Funny you should make this thread.. I just had an interview with the Master Gunnery Sergeant yesterday. It was a pretty intimidating..but awesome experience. But as long as you give your yes sir, no sir's and you are confident, you won't have any problems. Good luck!

Joshua Harris
08-07-09, 10:33 PM
i just talked to my SSgt yesterday and he said i was good to go as far as paperwork and required stuff prior to shipping so idk? What's your MOS, im aircraft maintenance.

COMMS..0621.

Cressler
08-07-09, 11:46 PM
It's no sweat man when i was doing paperwork to go to MEPS the Major and SgtMaj. happened to stop by the office that day the SgtMaj. was force recon it was an interesting couple hours in the office lol

Dist Expert 26
08-08-09, 09:13 PM
Just try not to have any sudden memory breakthroughs and don't change your answers.

Cressler
08-08-09, 09:30 PM
haha welll we actually had interviews today to