PDA

View Full Version : Thinking on 'this thing of ours.'

JWG
08-04-09, 06:46 PM
The brotherhood and 'espirit de corps' is what makes the Corps a single, living entity. It truly is a brotherhood; one of friendship, hardships, and sacrifices. But it is something that just seems to "fill" the gap in some people's soul. Like we are drawn to it. Destiny perhaps? Maybe not, but we cannot deny the awe and power it holds to become so close; through training and combat.. with a once mere stranger, now forged through sweat, blood, and tears into a brother or sister you would do anything for. It's not just practiced, it IS the Marine Corps. I can say that I am so grateful and proud to be among my fellow poolees (online and off) and to share a road that few have taken, by true heroes and men and women of character and an essence of brotherhood and unity. "The Few. The Proud."
We, Poolees of Marines, will; God-willing, soon become a brother or sister Marine and carry the reigns for the next generation of Corps.

Hope you all are having a great day, week, and month. Never forget how important what we are doing is, even if it goes unsaid. THANK YOU.

"We burn the fat of our souls." - Quote from Jarhead.

"A story. A man fires a rifle for many years. and he goes to war. And afterwards he comes home, and he sees that whatever else he may do with his life - build a house, love a woman, change his son's diaper - he will always remain a jarhead. And all the jarheads killing and dying, they will always be me. We are still in the desert. " -Quote from Jarhead.

GET SOME!!!:flag: :evilgrin::flag:

cammedNslammed
08-04-09, 09:03 PM
I agree fully!

My time to begin earning my place in that brotherhood begins in 25 days, and each day that goes by I feel closer and closer to it. Cant friggin wait.

Gerken
08-05-09, 11:34 PM
I'm absolutely stoked for boot camp too, and the USMC is truly the finest of brotherhoods, I can't wait to become part of it.

MotivatedIzzy
08-05-09, 11:46 PM
One Word : MOTIVATING :)

Books
08-06-09, 04:54 AM
One Word : MOTIVATING :)

MTVTN, Yes! :yes:

SeanRyan32
08-06-09, 05:43 AM
You know, JWG, I was having a real ****ty day today. Thanks for making it better with this motivating post! :evilgrin:

JWG
08-06-09, 12:15 PM
Glad it helped ya'll. Good to go!

PooleeHunt
08-06-09, 02:42 PM
Yeah man. I have been having the sh**iest day, made it a little easier to get through my day at this menial place. Truer words were never spoken!

Joshua Harris
08-06-09, 03:06 PM
MOTO!!!!!TIME TO GO RUN!!!:flag::evilgrin: