PDA

View Full Version : MCRDSD mental attack

atimmons
07-31-09, 05:54 AM
Good morning. My question pertains to the personal attacks of the DI's. This might sound like a stupid question but how personal are they going to get? Say stuff about my wife...baby... etc...

0331 2 0369
07-31-09, 06:41 AM
None of it is personal with them. It's a job that has a much bigger picture than you can imagine at this stage and I won't go into it. But yes, expect them to talk about your great grandfather that was in the Navy. They have a job to do and they do what they need to accomplish that job. They are well trained and regardless of how much you hate them while in bootcamp, come graduation day you will walk up to them .... shake their hands and say thank you and not get yelled at. Good luck.

Pete0331
07-31-09, 07:44 AM
Good morning. My question pertains to the personal attacks of the DI's. This might sound like a stupid question but how personal are they going to get? Say stuff about my wife...baby... etc...

If you're worried about how personal it will be, you are in the wrong business.

Drop the ego at the door, it makes USMC life so much easier.

ameriken
07-31-09, 11:26 AM
They dont know your wife and baby, so if they do get that personal it's more of an attack on you than your family, and it is part of the discipline.

The real question is, if they do say something about your family, what are you going to do about it?

WKranz
08-01-09, 07:10 PM
They'll say stuff to test your bearing and attempt to get you ****ed. It will only be personal if you take it as such.

Phantom Blooper
08-01-09, 07:20 PM
The reason for what you are taking as perceived (SIC) personal attacks against your family is to make you hardened to the fact if you were ever captured and interrogated..... some pretty vile and atrocious things could be told to you....way more than there is in recruit training.

When a drill instructor says something its not personal.....hell poolees heard more here on this site before Ask A Poolee was closed to Marines!:evilgrin:

Zulu 36
08-01-09, 07:54 PM
As some of my old wise guy acquaintances would say, "It ain't personal, it's just business."

If you make it personal, you will wish you had not.

Lisa 23
08-01-09, 07:58 PM
http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Patriotic/SemperToons-Tradition.gif?t=1249174625

marine95
08-02-09, 11:45 PM
atimmons,

The DI's don't even know about your background. If you give them the ammo, they will use it. So my advice to you is don't open your mouth about personal information. Just watch the others when they get the "Dear Johnny" letter. It will take your mind off yourself and you'll be thinking about the other recruit.

Lupo22
08-03-09, 07:09 AM
I just got back from boot and never heard any personal attacks against families. They'll rip you apart for every little physical blemish, but they leave wife and kids out of it for the most part. good luck

Sgt Leprechaun
08-04-09, 01:37 AM
If you are worried about getting your feelings hurt, you are considering the wrong line of work for sure.

That's just my opine but, really?

Sigh.

atimmons
09-02-09, 03:36 PM
Thanks guys, helps alot. I naturally get defensive when people say stuff like that but I'll expect it in boot.

MyCorps
09-02-09, 03:45 PM
time to get some thicker skin, Alex...

Lisa 23
09-02-09, 05:14 PM
Thanks guys, helps alot. I naturally get defensive when people say stuff like that but I'll expect it in boot.

And to show respect to the Marines who answered your question by saying "Thanks Marines", not Thanks guys.

Petz
09-02-09, 05:21 PM
LAS you need that in your sig.

Lisa 23
09-02-09, 05:30 PM
LAS you need that in your sig.

Done! :thumbup:

atimmons
09-02-09, 11:53 PM
And to show respect to the Marines who answered your question by saying "Thanks Marines", not Thanks guys.

My mistake, no excuse. Thank you Marines for the information and advice. I will put it to good use.

Respectfully,
Poolee Timmons