PDA

View Full Version : Driving History a DQ?

Bioskrizzel
07-30-09, 03:27 PM
I've looked far and wide on the forums for an answer to my question and on the web but cant seem to find an answer suited to the situation.

I have 1 speeding ticket which i got about 4 years ago and completely forgot that i had gotten and 2 violations(one for no proof of insurance and another for an out dated Tag, got both at the same time). All three fines were paid on time.

My problem is i didnt tell my recruiter about any of it during my interview before i went to MEPS. He never asked me about my driving record so i didnt think i needed to say anything about it(i really didnt think it was a big deal). Well the next day i went to meps and got through all my interviews just fine, no one asked me about my driving record except the for my last interview. I think it was the FBI guy b/c he was in a black suit and tie and took my prints, but anyways the only question close to my driving record he asked me was " Do you have any unpaid speeding tickets" to wich i replyed "No"(not even remembering i had a speeding ticket). Well after it all i had about a 2 hour wait in a room by myself watching CNN waiting for my recruiter to pick me up, i was nervous as im sure most are during that day and i started thinking about my interviews and then it hit me, I had a speeding ticket... i got real nervous and as soon as me and my recruiter got into the car i told him about all my 2 fines and if i should of told anyone and that i had a speeding ticket that i had forgotten about. He told me not to worry about it, that it wasnt a big deal and if they foundout and asked me about it to just tell them i had forgotten and that should be it.

I've been reading the forums for a few weeks daily and reading all the old posts, Now im kinda nervous about getting DQ after seeing all the stuff i can be DQ for and the "moment of truth" thing.

My questions are, what should i do in this situation? or should i even worry about it? and should i make my recruiter make some kind of amendment to my paperwork? or would that be like admitting guilt to fradulent enlistment?. I dont think i did anything wrong but i cant help but worry about it and feel nervous. Any help help or comments would are apreciated and may even make me feel better lol.

-Ski

OB MSG
07-30-09, 04:06 PM
For starters, slow down, before you give yourself a heart attack. <br />
<br />
Ok, so you got a speeding ticket. You say you paid it and that it was about 4 years ago.You should have no trouble. Same with the...

Bioskrizzel
07-30-09, 04:20 PM
Thank you OB MSG, i was just worried about this "Moment of truth" thing i keep hearing about, I mean i dont want to lie at all and i didnt know if that was something worth mentioning or not during my moment. I would hate to say i had nothing to share and then be called a liar and get DQ for something so stupid.

OB MSG
07-30-09, 04:24 PM
You're welcome.

I responded to a thread earlier about the moment of truth, and I will tell you this. I had a MSGT about 3 inches from my face telling me I was a liar and that he would see me and the other guys that had nothing to confess in 30 days standing tall before him. I never budged, (didn't have to), and everything has been smooth sailing. You told your recruiter about your driving record and that should clear the air.

Bioskrizzel
07-30-09, 04:52 PM
Awesome you have been a great help and i feel much better now, thank you very much.

Petz
07-31-09, 03:42 PM
I didn't read your whole first post but... I got a speeding ticket just before boot camp... told my recruiter, they said if I take care of it and don't get arrested I'm fine and no new paperwork needs to get done...

I took care of it, well I lost my license... didn't know that, but the Michigan license I had was still good, I shouldn't have gotten my military drivers certs at MOS school, but I did... I shouldn't have been driving around on RA but I did... because they suspended my license while I was at boot camp and my parents never told me...

so, yeah... if I can do it, so can you.

I didn't know it was suspended until I went to renue it and found out I had to pay 240 dollars to "unsuspend" it... I got a good laugh out of that one...