PDA

View Full Version : Shipdate Moved

Tookie22
07-24-09, 08:01 PM
Well here is my story. I was supposed to leave last monday, 090720, but I found out that morning it was pushed back a week. I wasn't told why, yet I think it is because the Marine Corps is so overmanned. Yet I am not even sure if I can leave because I am waiting for a couple original docs. to be MEPS to MEPS. Well now that I have my dumb story out there, any other ideas on other possibilities for my date to be pushed? I know there was a previous thread, yet the answers got personal and I'm not sure if the original question was answered.

HammerOfJustice
07-24-09, 09:11 PM
I was moved too, but in my case it was due to medical documents that MEPS finally got yesterday (well, they got them earlier and lost them, or something... I don't even know anymore).

boblasek
07-24-09, 11:03 PM
Some are moved because other poolees are meeting the 365 day max. So they get first priority over someone who hasn't been in DEP that long.

OutkastGurl
07-25-09, 01:53 AM
Three days ago I had a call from my recruiter saying that my ship date might be held back for August 24th(I'm leaving July 27th)...I was so ****ed. He said it was because there are too many females leaving for training but they were going to fight for me to leave the 27th and we won it. So yay! I'm leaving this Sunday. =]

petejones
07-25-09, 03:20 AM
Enjoy Boot Camp, and we'll here back from you in 3 months

KGunner
07-29-09, 06:23 PM
I have had six, yes six (6) ship dates. First one I got was 20090914, then 20090817, then 20100104, then 20090727, then 20090803 and finally got 20090810. There are several reasons. At least at MCRD-SD they are full up, and they made my station cancel all those shipping for September, so all those kids had to get pushed to other months, but most of the other months were pretty full. Luckily a lot of kids dropped out of the DEP. They are also running out of jobs, period. The MOS schools are full up, as well as the RD. So getting a ship date to correspond with a good graduation date to correspond with a slot open at your MOS school is kind of tough sometimes. Just be thankful you didn't get pushed to January like many recruits.