PDA

View Full Version : You know what gets me?

JSam
07-23-09, 10:04 PM
When you're all set to go to bootcamp with two good friends from your recruiting office and one Poolee set to ship a few months ago messes up, and gets pushed back to your date, preventing you from going.
It's even better that he was an incompetent RSS squad leader.
It's great that you have higher fitness and ASVAB scores than him. That you're more moto than him. Up at the office 3 times a week helping other poolees with their weightloss/gain goals.
They all shipped out a month ago in a week.

And then you're informed by one of the friends who you were supposed to go with that this poolee has 'hurt' his knee and 'pitched out'.
He's either in MRP or out of boot alltogether.

The guy who stole my ship date isn't even capable of becoming a Marine.

Sometimes I wonder....

Someone motivate me, I'm not real happy right now. I should be getting my ass chewed at the Island. Instead, he's laying in a bed, taking my spot, and not doing crap. :mad:

fisch
07-23-09, 10:14 PM
sometimes life just is a pain. Things happen that are unexpected to everyone everywhere everyday. You just have to sit back take a deep breath, and look at the positives that come out of it all Think about all the new friends you will make when you get there, you now have more time to get stronger and smarter. Most of all just remember the Drill Instructors will be just as mean and nasty when you do get there as they would have been maybe even meaner

sbombard15
07-23-09, 10:22 PM
From what I have been told it is better to not know anyone when going to boot camp. That way you have no one to hold you back. In my opinion it is for the best that you are going alone.

JSam
07-23-09, 10:35 PM
I don't care that I was supposed to be going with friends. I care that that idiot stole my spot, and now he can't even complete a month in boot.

fisch
07-23-09, 10:42 PM
Don't think of him concentrate on your goal to become a Marine pretend as if he was doing fine at Boot Camp, because he is not your problem. Think on your task ahead of you not what could be.

JSam
07-23-09, 10:57 PM
I know, bro... it just bugs me that I could be out there training to be a Marine, but instead he took my spot, got me pushed back 2 months, and failed.

JWG
07-23-09, 11:26 PM
Life is full of disappointments. There will be much bigger mental challenges and inner angers and tests of motivation and endurance to earn the Title. This is just another one. It sucks balls, but you WILL overcome it. Life tests us daily, the reaction is what we are judged upon. Keep motivated, you will earn that Title, you have the drive. Get some!

JSam
07-23-09, 11:32 PM
I knew I could count on you, JWG. Thanks, bro.

JWG
07-23-09, 11:37 PM
No problem, bro. I know you will kick some ass at MCRD. Keep that anger and go for a good moto run tomorrow. Get some good music, cadences. Find some other poolees, etc. You've already begun to serve the Corps by helping poolees get in shape, etc.. and helping at the RS. Keep it up, you WILL make it and earn that Title and make a fantastic Marine if you stand fast with your current motivation and mind-set.

You've just encountered your first major "sh*tbird." There will be many throughout your career in the Corps. At least you're getting a good taste and experience early on. Only helps. I'll be running tomorrow as well, so I'll be with you in spirit.

GET SOME!!!

cammedNslammed
07-24-09, 09:11 AM
I understand your pain, and probaly would feel the same way, but you also have to remember that in joining the Marine Corps your giving up your rights to them, in which they make decisions for you. Whether you like it or not. IMO be happy your going, keep working hard, and eventually you'll get there. Stay motivated!

When you're all set to go to bootcamp with two good friends from your recruiting office and one Poolee set to ship a few months ago messes up, and gets pushed back to your date, preventing you from going.
It's even better that he was an incompetent RSS squad leader.
It's great that you have higher fitness and ASVAB scores than him. That you're more moto than him. Up at the office 3 times a week helping other poolees with their weightloss/gain goals.
They all shipped out a month ago in a week.

And then you're informed by one of the friends who you were supposed to go with that this poolee has 'hurt' his knee and 'pitched out'.
He's either in MRP or out of boot alltogether.

The guy who stole my ship date isn't even capable of becoming a Marine.

Sometimes I wonder....

Someone motivate me, I'm not real happy right now. I should be getting my ass chewed at the Island. Instead, he's laying in a bed, taking my spot, and not doing crap. :mad:

danno
07-24-09, 09:43 PM
Well... Hang in there, I think you'll be impressed with how much you enjoy just being a recruit. I know I'm looking forward to it.