PDA

View Full Version : Mos

danno
07-23-09, 06:48 AM
Hello, I'd like to take a moment to introduce myself. My name's Dan and I've enlisted at MEPS in the DEP program. My ship date is listed in my profile and is 2010 MARCH.

I have a quick question. I recently have been asked to give 3 choices for my MOS and I know what I'll end up receiving as a final job is what is in the best nature for the Marine Corps.

I asked for 03xx, but my recruiter informed me that there's nothing available right now. He said he could put me down for something on the ground so I could be a little more closer to the action.

I'm just trying to get some insight into reality. In comparison with the amount of other MOS, is there any hope that I might be able to change over to 03xx by my ship date of 2010 March? How does a ground MOS correlate with being an 0311? Is it similar in any regard? I know getting the specific job I ask for is not guaranteed.

Also, I know all jobs are diverse opportunities, and as long as I become a Marine I have no quarrels with my MOS, although I'd really like to enlist as an 03xx. Do you think an 03xx spot will become available from now until I leave for Boot?

Dale0817
07-23-09, 07:40 AM
Wait until October when the new fiscal year starts. You could probably get 03XX then.

JWulff
07-23-09, 09:49 AM
Yeah, the new jobs are posted in September. I am also waiting for that date. Keep your hopes up. A lot of spots become available on that date... Also, If I do not get my date moved forward, I will be shipping with you.

danno
07-23-09, 02:09 PM
Yeah, the new jobs are posted in September. I am also waiting for that date. Keep your hopes up. A lot of spots become available on that date... Also, If I do not get my date moved forward, I will be shipping with you.

Yes. Ok, I will prolly wait for the new jobs in September. You can change your MOS up until you Ship for Boot, right? I look forward to serving with you in the Marines.

JWulff
07-23-09, 02:19 PM
That's right. They are first come first serve. So stay in contact with your recruiter.

JWG
07-23-09, 03:30 PM
Welcome and thank you for deciding to make the honorable commitment to Country and Corps. We all have many reasons for joining, but they're all honorable when it comes down to us giving however many years of our life and time for this country and the people in it, and the values of freedom and equality of all Man. Good to go!

Hartford
07-23-09, 05:29 PM
Yup, September/October and you should be able to pull a 03xx slot. Good luck.

danno
07-23-09, 05:55 PM
Yup, September/October and you should be able to pull a 03xx slot. Good luck.

Thanks