PDA

View Full Version : Any stories?

yoitsfrank
07-22-09, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone! I thought it would be a little fun to share any interesting/motivating stories. Mine would be.... <br />
<br />
I enlisted in February and I was doing 3 pull ups. I got extremely lazy after the...

Books
07-22-09, 02:22 PM
Outstanding story. You went from zero to eight pullups in less than one month? That's impressive!

MotivatedIzzy
07-22-09, 06:59 PM
I busted my ass hard and became a Pool(ee)

Gerken
07-22-09, 08:33 PM
wow thats very impressive, thats a huge improvement. For me, when I got sworn in up at MEPS, I was able to do 7 pullups, and 44 crunches. Also I'm not a big guy, I'm 5'10 135lbs, well lucky for me my RS had a poolee function the next weekend and since my stomach was so sore I was only able to do 36 crunches, which I know is pathetic and I was really embarassed with myself. My run time was like 11 min. and 8 pullups. SO for the last 4 months, I've improved on everything, with a 9 min. run, 16 pullups, and 90 crunches, and i'm really shooting for that perfect 300, hopefully I can get it.

fisch
07-22-09, 10:24 PM
Along the lines of the previous stories I started in November with an IST of 2(ugly ugly) pull-ups that should not have counted 66 crunches and 12:35 mile and a half. I made it my goal to make it to boot camp with a perfect IST by February I was doing 15 pull-ups 121 crunches and 10:35 mile and a half now as of last Monday my IST score is 20 pull-ups 139 crunches and 9:11 on the mile and a half. I have 26 days till I go to Parris Island and am still improving everyday.
When I began I was just a weakling now I am one of the strongest and most dedicated in the whole RSS

cammedNslammed
07-23-09, 09:42 AM
My story isnt spectacular or anything but here goes. I DEP'ed in february of this year. At the time i was smoking 3 packs a day, drinkin reguarly and eating McDonalds at least once a day. I could barely run a 1/4 mile much less pass the IST. I gave everything up, began drinkin only water, eating much more healthier foods. I can now run 6 miles, and my 1.5 has dropped substantially to a 10:23. Before 2 pullups was hard enough, now 12 pullups is no problem. My situps were maxed out at 45 or so when i started, now im doing 100+ everyday under 2 mins. Its amazing at what a little hard work and motivation can do for you.

JWG
07-23-09, 10:02 AM
Good stuff, cammed. Motivating, keep it up. Love to hear (and see) stories of poolees (myself included) transforming from a lazy civilian scumbag to begin to become a in-shape poolee ready to "get some" and become a Marine. Good to go!