PDA

View Full Version : So as the new fiscal year approaches...

MotivatedIzzy
07-13-09, 01:54 PM
What MOS are you looking forward to getting?
I wan't Helicopter Mechanic.

Cressler
07-13-09, 03:06 PM
yeah the GySgt. is getting me somehting in 6xxx

Hartford
07-13-09, 03:39 PM
Law Enforcement/Military Police/Corrections
58xx

I don't ship until January so I should be able to pick it up once Sept/Oct comes around.

Eldridge0311
07-13-09, 04:55 PM
03xx

pooleeDavis
07-15-09, 06:11 PM
i want 1371

ThatGuitarGuy
07-15-09, 06:32 PM
I just got my request back. I got "Aircraft Electronics Systems Technician." I don't ship until February, so I should be hitting Pensacola for tech school about this time next year.

boblasek
07-15-09, 07:02 PM
I really want UH-1/AH-1 mechanic. Here's hoping.

SkMike
07-15-09, 08:43 PM
I really want UH-1/AH-1 mechanic. Here's hoping.

You're gonna have to fight me for it. ;)

boblasek
07-15-09, 09:32 PM
You're gonna have to fight me for it. ;)

Haha, I am older so I win :p
On a side note the Gunnery Sergeant At my RSS said that there are fast promotions in the Aviation mechanic field.

derikdrock1989
07-15-09, 09:42 PM
Hmm. I heard the opposite but maybe Im wrong. A Lance Corporal that I went to HS with whose Deployed in Iraq told me, but only one way to find out huh.

MarinesFTW
07-15-09, 10:35 PM
I already was able to pick my job? The jobs came out a month ago. I already got 6XXX, so I win?

chadhertz
07-15-09, 10:46 PM
Hmm. I heard the opposite but maybe Im wrong. A Lance Corporal that I went to HS with whose Deployed in Iraq told me, but only one way to find out huh.

Why don't you just look up the cutting scores. My recruiter has them like every month in the Marine Corps Times. But you can just look them up on the site. Here's July's. The lower the score the faster the promotion. These ones are for Lance Corporal to Corporal.

http://www.marinecorpstimes.com/news/2007/06/marine_cuttingscores_070622w/

JWG
07-15-09, 11:00 PM
When do the new jobs get released and opened up? I was told October. Is this what you all have heard as well?

boblasek
07-15-09, 11:29 PM
New Fiscal Year is October 2009, and let me just say I picked my job in February so I win again! But seriously good luck to everyone on here. Remember you got to pass your schooling before you get your jobs.

Chances are your recruiter is waiting for the new jobs to open up, unless you have it in writing like I do, you don't have any particular MOS yet.

Books
07-16-09, 12:16 AM
Some of you guys should come with me into the (AG) Field. It sounds like fun.*

re: The Marine Corps' definition of "Fun".

SabreJack
07-16-09, 02:19 AM
Apparently, all of the services are running at capacity for the current fiscal year. I was told that they could guarantee me an OCCFld (the first 2 numbers of the MOS) but that I would not ship until 16Nov10. Basically, if you are going active duty, you can get an OCCFld in your statement of understanding IF AND ONLY IF it is offered to you. You will not be able to walk in to your recruiter's office and say "I want this job." It is out of his hands, unless there are unusual circumstances, your recruiter will not have the power to guarantee you a job. There are other threads related to when you will get your MOS assigned to you, and from what I have seen, it is typically in the 8th week of Boot Camp. Since the economy is so volatile, lots of people are trying to join the military for job security. This is crowding pretty much every possible MOS/AFSC that you can imagine. I think I am getting off topic here, so I will end my rant. The point I want to drive home is that you have to talk to your recruiter's boss's boss.

Hartford
07-16-09, 10:19 AM
My recruiter's keep asking me if I want aircraft mechanic/electronics technician so I'm going to assume that these jobs are still open and they're trying to fill up.

MarinesFTW
07-16-09, 11:04 AM
The fiscal year is in October I think. They already released the jobs. My recruiter called me and said to get to his office ASAP to pick out a few jobs as they were out. I'd ask your recruiters.

JWG
07-16-09, 01:14 PM
The fiscal year is in October I think. They already released the jobs. My recruiter called me and said to get to his office ASAP to pick out a few jobs as they were out. I'd ask your recruiters.

Just spoke with mine. He told me, "Not yet." So I don't understand this..

MarinesFTW
07-16-09, 02:02 PM
Well, I got mine, I really dont know what to tell you. Minnesota, RSS St. Cloud ftw I guess?

JWG
07-16-09, 04:27 PM
Could be the jobs are more abundant by each state's Recruiting Command. Ah well.

Kurokawa
07-16-09, 08:53 PM
I just got my request back. I got "Aircraft Electronics Systems Technician." I don't ship until February, so I should be hitting Pensacola for tech school about this time next year.

You're timing it good then, maybe; just maybe you'll make it in time for a class slot instead of sitting around with barracks duty.

As for me: 02xx or 03xx

gonzo4
07-16-09, 10:19 PM
Going Combat Camera O YEAH!