PDA

View Full Version : Poolee Function Today

Gerken
07-11-09, 12:30 PM
Well our RSS had a poole function today, we only did the IST, then we played some football, but usually we PT afterwards. I drastically improved on my run time, it went from 10:20 to 9:02, and my crunches went from 61 to 90, but I'm still stuck at 16 pullups which isn't too bad. I was just wondering what all of you poolees do during your poole functions.

Gunner614
07-11-09, 01:29 PM
We do the exact same thing.

Hartford
07-11-09, 01:34 PM
Our last poolee function we went to a helicopter airshow which was pretty awesome. They had a Marines tent up with the pull up bar contest, then the entire RS (not RSS), formed up and marched onto the airfield and then we were given the (mock) Oath of Enlistment. The crowd sure liked it! Hah...it was nice to receive some praise for what we're doing too from people, as at least for me, most people around me are fairly unsupportive.

Then yesterday I ran the IST at MEPS (stats in my signature), which was more fun than I was expecting. The next poolee event will be next weekend and it's a parent-including meet at the office and then we'll do little things outside they said like a tug-of-war or something. Let's jus say I'm not inviting my parents! Hah

Kurokawa
07-12-09, 09:09 PM
The last 3 were all ISTs. First one was followed by a softball game and lessons in MRE eating (don't ask why we needed that.), last month's was followed by marching drills, and this last one was followed by infantry squad movement and contact tactics.

Next month we're going to the rifle range. September is paintball against the other stations in the state, I believe since I talked to some of the recruiters from those stations when they were at Summerfest.

thekevo
07-12-09, 11:11 PM
Just had a Poolee Function yesterday. Had a ****ing grueling combat conditioning workout, followed by run with everyone blowing chunks. Navy Federal talked to us after that about setting up accounts. Next month we'll be heading down to Parris Island to watch a graduation. Sounds pretty exciting, except for having to be at the station at 0130 to get on the Greyhound.

JWG
07-13-09, 10:29 AM
Sounds like all fun stuff. Were supposed to be going to see the Silent Drill Platoon when they come to Ohio in August. Can't wait, hoping to get off work for that day.

Gunner614
07-13-09, 11:35 AM
Sounds like all fun stuff. Were supposed to be going to see the Silent Drill Platoon when they come to Ohio in August. Can't wait, hoping to get off work for that day.

I've seen the Silent Drill Platoon twice, and they messed up both times. One time one guys cover got knocked off, and in the other one which was at MCRD, a guy dropped his rifle when it was tossed to him. When the Cpl came and picked it back up and tossed it back to the guy that dropped it, he dropped it again.

thekevo
07-13-09, 12:06 PM
Haha, that sucks. You know he has to feel like crap. I've always thought it'd be quite a time seeing them preform...

derikdrock1989
07-13-09, 01:40 PM
Played Softball with all the Recruiter and poolees. Was great fun. Really showed out unathletic som people are lol.

MotivatedIzzy
07-13-09, 01:48 PM
Our last poolee function we went to a helicopter airshow which was pretty awesome. They had a Marines tent up with the pull up bar contest, then the entire RS (not RSS), formed up and marched onto the airfield and then we were given the (mock) Oath of Enlistment. The crowd sure liked it! Hah...it was nice to receive some praise for what we're doing too from people, as at least for me, most people around me are fairly unsupportive.

Then yesterday I ran the IST at MEPS (stats in my signature), which was more fun than I was expecting. The next poolee event will be next weekend and it's a parent-including meet at the office and then we'll do little things outside they said like a tug-of-war or something. Let's jus say I'm not inviting my parents! Hah

YOU SHOULD INVITE THEM they're your biggest supporters and hey they let you enlist and everything

Mirrorman
07-13-09, 02:20 PM
We ran, did some calisthentics and had a BBQ. I had my friend come with me, he was pretty tired at the end of the day.

Hartford
07-13-09, 03:41 PM
YOU SHOULD INVITE THEM they're your biggest supporters and hey they let you enlist and everything
I'm 20 years old and enlisted on my own. As of now they're my least biggest supporters, more like depressers or demotivators. We'll see, maybe they can come to the next one. :mad:

thezero
07-13-09, 08:25 PM
kurokawa, just so you know if it is an organized function that everyone is going to play painball, that can land the recruiters in deep ****. They did away with paintballing as a function option when my dad was a recruiter. But of course if a bunch of you guys are at the field and your recruiter just happens to show up, well thats another story.

The other day, Saturday, we had ours.

We were supposed to go the the National Guard Base and use the rifle simulators (M-16, 9mm, M-60, etc.) again but Sgt. Major Allen came down and we had to run the IST and have our check ups with him. After words we played ultimate frisbee which turned out violent...which everything normally does in our RSS. "Pain is a weakness leaving the body"

Also IST stats
Pull-Ups (palms out) - 17
Crunches - 122
Run - 10:04

I am probably one of the better ones to show up to the functions, which I am helping a couple guys who live around me to improve.

Goal for next IST
Pull-Ups - 20
Crunches - 125
Run - 9:30

Long Term Goal
Pull Ups - 25+
Crunches - 150
Run - >9:00

SkMike
07-13-09, 10:39 PM
This last weekend was my first Pool function. We just did our IST, followed by a 4 mile formation run. Our Ssgt put me as the guide because my run time was the fastest out of our entire office. Im not gonna lie, I was super nervous leading with the guideon but it was motivating as hell.

Sounds like alot of you have pretty cool pool functions, kinda ****ed my RS seems to lack in that area.

Kurokawa
07-13-09, 11:11 PM
kurokawa, just so you know if it is an organized function that everyone is going to play painball, that can land the recruiters in deep ****. They did away with paintballing as a function option when my dad was a recruiter. But of course if a bunch of you guys are at the field and your recruiter just happens to show up, well thats another story.

Nope, it's a planned thing. Got a few extra waivers to sign though.

thezero
07-14-09, 06:34 PM
SkMike, we are a small RSS who puts a lot in. We also have resources that we can use to our advantage, like the M-16 Simulators, the Field Protective Mask training, M-16 cleaning and disassembly etc etc.

kurowaka - I will double check with my recruiter, but I just asked my dad and he said that it's a big no-no. But you know because our function sucked ass me and a couple poolees are setting up a huge game of paintball with everyone from our RSS invited, and if a recruiter shows up then he was just in the area for one of my future referalls haha.

Cressler
07-14-09, 07:26 PM
yeah just cuase it's not allowed just dont call it a poolee function haha

mtisaac86
07-14-09, 09:08 PM
On the 25th we're playing paintball.