PDA

View Full Version : Contemplating on joining the Marines...

Marinewife6909
07-08-09, 05:30 PM
So after seeing my husband graduate from Boot Camp and feeling so much pride for him and now I'm about to feel even more pride for him as I go to watch him graduate from MCT. I just felt amazing watching him stand there and he looked so different, and he was so grown up and mature. I couldn't feel anything but pride in him. I also noticed how few women Marines were there on grad. day and I felt pride for them too. I've always been the kind of girl that has said "Anything the boys can do, I can do better"... hell I drag race nearly every weekend and have made it to the Summit ET Division 3 Finals twice in a row. But I'm looking for more of a rush than just drag racing. So while my husband has been doing all of this I was contemplating on joining the Marines. I told my husband I thought I might would like to join and he told me no because we already spend enough time apart from each other as it is. Are any other women or men on here Marines and married to Marines? I'd like to hear your opinions. Were you apart from each other a lot more than what you would be when you joined or do you think there is a difference at all?

Sergeant M
07-08-09, 06:06 PM
I've seen quite a few Marine couples that worked out really well. I think that fact that since you're both Marines, you understand that when Gunny says you gotta say, you gotta stay. If you get similar jobs, your chance of getting stationed together is pretty decent. If you don't get stationed together than you'll both be getting paid separation pay and BAH for 2, so I don't think it would be a bad idea at all. The biggest problem would be having kids and mommy and daddy not being around as often as they might like.