PDA

View Full Version : being a reservist and switching to active duty!!! help

austinking73091
07-07-09, 12:28 AM
alright, im getting ready to leave for bootcamp in a few days and i go to meps tomorrow to switch to reserve because thats the only way i can get infantry, i was wondering, i believe my recruiter and all it's just i still have some worries, i can switch to active duty and still be an infantry right???

josephd
07-07-09, 02:42 AM
alright, im getting ready to leave for bootcamp in a few days and i go to meps tomorrow to switch to reserve because thats the only way i can get infantry, i was wondering, i believe my recruiter and all it's just i still have some worries, i can switch to active duty and still be an infantry right???

not really the answer you are looking for but I will tell you if you want to be active duty DO NOT!..I repeat DO NOT sign anything that puts into a reserve unit. I made the mistake of signing a reserve contract thinking its what I wanted, I am currently in the long process of getting released, lat moving, and getting a new contract for active duty.

marine95
07-07-09, 05:26 AM

Brother, the Marine Corps has a mission for active and reserve. As stated in the previos post, just don't sign. But by not signing, there is no sure thing that they have room for you on the active duty side. The Marine Corps has made their contracting and shipping mission for quite some time now. I was a recruiter from 2004-2007 and I have never lied to any one of my applicants. So I'm not going to lie on this site. You have to ask if anything is available. Talk to the SNCOIC at your station. Remember that the station has a mission for reserves as well as active duty.