PDA

View Full Version : Regs for Enlisted Uniform

BigWayne3000
06-25-09, 09:03 PM
Ok so I'm in the Reserves and I have a Charlies inspection in July. My khaki s/s shirt and green trousers do not fit anymore so I am ordering them off the MCCS website where I got my new cammies from. Do the trousers come tailored already when ordering directly from MCCS or will I have to take it to a tailor and get it done? What are the specs for tailoring the trousers? I went to the site in the sticky on here but I couldn't find the info I need. I know trousers are supposed to be hemmed a certain height but I cant for the life of me find that information. Any help is appreciated, thanks!

Alisium
06-25-09, 09:16 PM
Do you have a BST? Everything you need on that should be in there. Your company office should have at least one copy for you to review.

IIRC the trousers are supposed to break in the front once and extend in a range 1/4" above or below the well of the shoe.

Order the trousers in your size, then take them to a local tailor. There is either one on base or just outside of your base that knows all the regs. It's not brain surgery so don't sweat it.

BigWayne3000
06-25-09, 10:15 PM
ok i dont know what a BST is and the only military base around me is Fort Dix which is an Army base. I was hoping to find the correct measurements online so I can print it out and go to my local tailor with the instructions so he/she would know what I need done.

JWDevilDog
06-25-09, 10:21 PM
Put your "Honor, Courage, and Committment" card in your left breast pocket for your inspection.

And it's all in the uniform order: MCO P1020.34G

That is your best resource.

Achped
06-25-09, 11:15 PM
Hollyyyy **** people actually do that?

What does Honor even mean? I've got courage and commitment but honor? Huh???

PaidinBlood
06-25-09, 11:19 PM
PT is cheaper than tailors...:D

Alisium
06-26-09, 01:03 AM
The HCC card is the gayest gimmick I have ever seen.

So are you a reservist or just home on boot leave?

Supersquishy
06-26-09, 06:12 AM
PT is cheaper than tailors...:D
HAHA Just spit coffee all over, thanks!

Supersquishy
06-26-09, 06:22 AM
Ok so I'm in the Reserves and I have a Charlies inspection in July. My khaki s/s shirt and green trousers do not fit anymore so I am ordering them off the MCCS website

You may be able to get your trousers "Taken Out", usually when in boot camp you lost a lot of weight so they keep extra fabric in the ass-seam so when you fatten up a bit you can pull them out to fit. Now the Kaki shirt may be a little different, you may need to order the size you need, I Know I had to take my Service Coat and have it "Taken Out" because my chest got bigger from working weights. $8-$10 bucks to have your trousers taken out is better than $40-50 bucks plus tailoring

Pete0331
06-26-09, 06:30 AM
Put your "Honor, Courage, and Committment" card in your left breast pocket for your inspection.

And it's all in the uniform order: MCO P1020.34G

That is your best resource.

What the hell is that?

JWDevilDog
06-26-09, 07:00 AM
Lol ok gents, the only reason I brought up the HCC card is cuz I've had a First Sergeant and a Sergeant who both mark it as a hit against you if you don't have it for a uniform inspection.

Pete0331
06-26-09, 07:07 AM
Lol ok gents, the only reason I brought up the HCC card is cuz I've had a First Sergeant and a Sergeant who both mark it as a hit against you if you don't have it for a uniform inspection.

Thats fine. What is it?

yanacek
06-26-09, 07:51 AM
Go to pages 48 and 49 of this PDF: http://www.marines.cc/downloads/guidebook-of-essential-subjects/part3.pdf

PaidinBlood
06-26-09, 07:55 AM
I was looking in that PDF for the "HCC" card....what a boot :D

yanacek
06-26-09, 08:14 AM
I received a HCC card when it came out and promptly threw it in my desk where it remained. I never heard of placing it in the left breast pocket of the shirt for inspections. I do recall we were supposed to place our military ID card in the left breast pocket of the shirt for inspection. Also, don't forget to be wearing the dog tags.

The key on the trousers is the material should touch the welt of the shoe in the rear (+/- 1/4 inch) and be 7/8 of an inch shorter at the front of the trousers to provide a proper break. The hem should be 3 inches.

Supersquishy
06-26-09, 08:17 AM
I do recall we were supposed to place our military ID card in the left breast pocket of the shirt for inspection. Also, don't forget to be wearing the dog tags.

Yes I remember that. We were given the HCC card and was never in my 5 years of AD asked for it, specifically in any inspections, only the ID and dog-tags were asked to see. Sheet even the challenge coin was never asked for.

yanacek
06-26-09, 08:30 AM
The challenge coin? You were supposed to carry one? Bizarre.

PaidinBlood
06-26-09, 08:33 AM
What the hell is a uniform inspection...? :D

Petz
06-26-09, 09:22 AM
silly grunts, uniform inspections are for pogs!

haha

DON'T FORGET TO TELL THOSE STUPID CIVILIAN TAILORS THAT YOUR TROUSERS ARE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE A STRAIGHT CUFF!! I've inspected my reserve Marines a few times to find that theirs are straight... I forget the tailor name for it, but they can do it...