PDA

View Full Version : how are 03XX setup?

mcdowell9
06-24-09, 03:15 PM
After seeing some conflicting info I wanted to ask about how 03XX Mos's were setup. For example I was just in a thread that said you cannot be an 0311. And I have looked at info that says all jobs within a team are kind of interchangeable.
So how does the 03XX mos work? If you cannot sign up for 0311 and 03XX is supposed to be training for all positions on a team then what is the point in other designations within 03? Are they designed to just specify your training or is it something to sign up for?? Or is all of that totally wrong and every job within infantry completely specific? If you cannot sign up for riflemen then why would it exist?

I know the answer to several of my questions is that the subject of the question is flat out wrong. Thats why I am asking them, because I am very confused.
How does 03XX work and what can I sign up for, what is the availability of those roles?
Also, are MOS slots filled per recruiter or is it a national total thing? thanks Marines:D

Pete0331
06-24-09, 03:23 PM
After seeing some conflicting info I wanted to ask about how 03XX Mos's were setup. For example I was just in a thread that said you cannot be an 0311. And I have looked at info that says all jobs within a team are kind of interchangeable.
So how does the 03XX mos work? If you cannot sign up for 0311 and 03XX is supposed to be training for all positions on a team then what is the point in other designations within 03? Are they designed to just specify your training or is it something to sign up for?? Or is all of that totally wrong and every job within infantry completely specific? If you cannot sign up for riflemen then why would it exist?

I know the answer to several of my questions is that the subject of the question is flat out wrong. Thats why I am asking them, because I am very confused.
How does 03XX work and what can I sign up for, what is the availability of those roles?
Also, are MOS slots filled per recruiter or is it a national total thing? thanks Marines:D

Do a search.
It's on here.

Quinbo
06-24-09, 03:27 PM
You can sign a generic 03XX contract and from my reading you can also get a specific 0321 contract with the caveat that you complete the requirements.

Specifically to your question you can only have 0311 put on your contract if you are a reservist. Yea they are cross trained along the way. Hey if you are an 0331 and you die at least I know how to pick up your machine gun and use it.

I'm wandering a little but the idea is that infantry is a team effort and cross training is a good thing.

mcdowell9
06-24-09, 04:09 PM
Do a search.
It's on here.
So far all I have found is people asking about and discussing getting a 03XX job or having to wait another year because of slots being filled. But nothing like my question. I'll look some more though.