PDA

View Full Version : Any questions for a new Pvt.?

bmcccarthy
06-23-09, 08:51 PM
Graduated on Friday! Home, well I will be home tomorrow, until Monday morning, my bus to MCT will be leaving that night. Any questions please fire away!

Perkins91
06-23-09, 09:58 PM
What was your run time going in??

Petz
06-23-09, 10:18 PM

Yeah I got one Pvt.... Did you get a set of Dress blue coats issued to you and the whole platoon?

Also are you getting the new running suit?

I think you junior Marines have it easy with those sewn in military creases in the new service uniform shirts... what's your take on that? do you think it takes away from your attention to detail in inspections or no?

Congratulations on earning the title Devil Dog... now sound off.

markjohn
06-28-09, 10:10 AM
good afternoon Ssgt. i graduated this past june 19 with india company and i can answer your questions for you. Yes our whole platoon was issued dress blues, we were also issued the running suits. And I do think the sewn in creases are cheesy, but as far as taking away from attention to detail....not for me i would focus more on getting razor sharp sleeve and trouse creases. And one more quick thing, boot leave gets boring after day 4, i miss it already! But I report to MCT this tuesday, so only two more days! HOO-RAH Ssgt.

srinaldo86
06-28-09, 10:14 AM
Who were your drill instructors?

markjohn
06-29-09, 08:03 AM
I had SDI SSGT. James, DI SSGT. Twigg, DI SGT. Albertson and DI SGT. Reagan

Petz
06-29-09, 04:16 PM
and what is a Hoo-Rah?

srinaldo86
06-29-09, 08:10 PM
I had SDI SSGT. James, DI SSGT. Twigg, DI SGT. Albertson and DI SGT. Reagan
No kidding...

I had SSGT. James for my Senior.
Ssgt Twigg is AWESOME, he was a different platoon.
Sgt. Albertson is pretty cool.
I dont know Sgt. Reagan.

Were Sgt. Arnold, Sgt. Pinson, and Sgt. Garza still around?

Herm
06-29-09, 09:18 PM
Does ssgt twigg still sandpit ghost recruits? How bout sgt jackson or sgt sheppard, did they get in any trouble this cycle?

Petz
06-29-09, 09:26 PM
and continue to ignore the SSgt asking you a question too Devil Dog...

thewookie
06-29-09, 09:27 PM
Does ssgt twigg still sandpit ghost recruits? How bout sgt jackson or sgt sheppard, did they get in any trouble this cycle?

Fix up your profile there, Herm. And why don't you show those fine Marines some respect and capitalize where appropriate, their names and rank.

Or you're just so salty now....

thewookie
06-29-09, 09:29 PM
Graduated on Friday! Home, well I will be home tomorrow, until Monday morning, my bus to MCT will be leaving that night. Any questions please fire away!

By the way, congratulations, Marine.:usmc:

konomaru
08-29-09, 09:12 PM
what was the hardest part in BT?

ecfree
08-29-09, 09:15 PM
konomaru,no matter where you go on this site you need a PROFILE..:evilgrin:.do it now it's easy,,,

MarinesFTW
08-29-09, 09:48 PM
what was the hardest part in BT?

What is BT? The Marine Corps doesn't have Basic Training, there is nothing Basic about becoming a Marine. Its BOOT CAMP!

Petz
08-29-09, 10:10 PM
and I'm still wondering why I'm getting ignored..... nasties....

Pennyw1se
08-30-09, 07:11 PM
and I'm still wondering why I'm getting ignored..... nasties....

I heard you SSgt :confused: I graduated boot in April. Fortunately, the whole company did receive the dress blue coats. We also were the second or third company, I believe, to get the fancy new running suits. Did you purchase your own?

As for the crease in the shirts, I actually do think that they should leave them out. I have seen my fair share of sloppy privates already (not me) and I think anything that makes recruits / Marines put more attention to their uniforms will result only more pride of wearing it.