PDA

View Full Version : Question for Active Duty Marines

Killer01
06-23-09, 08:27 PM
My question is for all Active Duty Marines, and more specifically Infantry Men. I know that they do not do an extensive background check on anyone that does not require a Security Clearance of some kind. I know that to become an infantry man no security clearance is required- so no deep background check will be done.

Is this true? Has anyone that signed into an MOS that doesn't require a special background check gotten one at a latter date? I want to go Infantry, and I don't want no FBI pinhead compiling some large file on me to put into their database.

The questions can go for any Marine, but I'm really only interested in combat MOS.

:flag:

BR34
06-23-09, 09:27 PM
My MOS didn't require a security clearance, but the Marine Corps did get a wild hair up it's ass and decide to do one anyway. I failed it, and I still do the same job I was doing before the investigation. This is a non-combat MOS.

What are you trying to hide?

Zulu 36
06-23-09, 09:28 PM
My question is for all Active Duty Marines, and more specifically Infantry Men. I know that they do not do an extensive background check on anyone that does not require a Security Clearance of some kind. I know that to become an infantry man no security clearance is required- so no deep background check will be done.

Is this true? Has anyone that signed into an MOS that doesn't require a special background check gotten one at a latter date? I want to go Infantry, and I don't want no FBI pinhead compiling some large file on me to put into their database.

The questions can go for any Marine, but I'm really only interested in combat MOS.

:flag:

Well, sorry to bust your bubble, but the FBI pinheads WILL have a file on you regardless of your MOS or branch of service. You WILL have to be fingerprinted as part of your enlistment process and those prints are added to the FBI's database. Your DNA too. The difference is your "file" will be that of an "applicant" and not a "criminal." They stay on file forever.

Everyone going into the military gets what is known as an NAC (National Agency Check). This is done by name and fingerprints and consists of a quick check of criminal and intelligence databases to see if you pop up dirty. If you have been a good boy while growing up, you won't show up on the NAC.

Technically, you can be granted up to a Secret clearance from a NAC. Top Secret or higher clearances/accesses require an extensive background investigation. The FBI does not do security background investigations for military personnel, although their files will be checked by name and fingerprints for criminal history.

If you apply for a concealed weapons permit (and many professional licenses) anywhere in the US, the FBI will get your prints as part of the criminal history check. They remain on file forever. If you get arrested for a felony anywhere in the US, the FBI gets your prints and they stay on file forever unless expunged by court order. Of course that just removes the "criminal" prints, not any "applicant" prints.

I probably have had at least seven sets of prints go to the FBI over my life time (two NACs, full background invest, two police officer jobs, paramedic license, CCW, and maybe more). Of course, they have a nice bundle of unfounded civil rights violation investigation reports too.

The "pinheads" get you early and often. Welcome to reality.

thewookie
06-23-09, 10:21 PM
I don't want no FBI pinhead compiling some large file on me to put into their database.

You are a clown, WHO are you?

Petz
06-23-09, 10:28 PM
a guy trying to get away from his shady life...

Marine84
06-24-09, 07:51 AM
And the hits STILL keep coming!

Kegler300
06-24-09, 08:00 AM
Since OEF started in 2003, all Marines, regardless of MOS, are supposed to be the subject of the NACLC background investigation which can favorably result in secret security clearance eligibility. Unfortunately, we still have lazy, or inept recruiters and MEPS Liaison personnel that can't seem to figure out how to ensure the right investigation is requested. Many still submit the ENAC which isn't good for anything.

ArtyOps
06-24-09, 08:14 AM
If you're concerned about privacy the military might not be the best place for you. If you're concerned about something in your past catching up with you I would suggest you disclose everything to...

TJR1070
06-24-09, 09:16 AM
Maybe along with a background investigation they should include a psychiatric evaluation for this one.

Phantom Blooper
06-24-09, 06:56 PM
Do you belong to the mob in NY?

Since your screen name is Killer.....

Join the French Foreign Legion no background check....all pinheads are treated alike!:evilgrin:

thewookie
06-24-09, 07:49 PM

Join the French Foreign Legion no background check....all pinheads are treated alike!:evilgrin:

cha CHA cha

:marine:

Lisa 23
06-24-09, 07:59 PM

http://i99.photobucket.com/albums/l305/wmarineluvstaylor/Fun%20Smilies/TheGodfather.gif

Marine84
06-24-09, 08:00 PM
LOL! That's funny! He don't want no "FBI pinhead" to gather info on him.

Yeah, if you have privacy issues, the Corps ain't gonna be the place for you pal. You sign your right to privacy away when you sign that contract.

Killer01
06-25-09, 09:40 AM
No, its not like that at all. I'm really not even concerned about myself. I've never had my fingerprints taken from anyone at all, and i don't have any criminal background. It seems like that is their main concern during these little 'investigations'. I would be concerned with some little medical thing coming up during one of the investigations. Its not a large issue, and has no effect on my body or anything like that, so its not even that big of deal.

I just had a question about those investigations, and it seems like they are going to be doing several low-level ones by way of the fingerprint. Cool, and thanks for responding.

Oh and one more thing- The Mafia doesn't exist.

ArtyOps
06-25-09, 09:46 AM
This isn't a battle between you and your recruiter. Disclose everything. If it's an issue and will stop you from joining the Marine Corps I am sure that the Army office is right down the hall. Like I said before you don't want a fraudulent enlistment.

Killer01
06-25-09, 09:57 AM
Its not an issue.

Zulu 36
06-25-09, 01:34 PM
And the Mafia does exist. I used to know a number of wise guys.

Don't lie to your recruiter, MEPS, or on any background investigation whether it is for the military or anyone else. Those "little issues" have a way of biting you really hard if you try to conceal them. Many old, long resolved medical issues are waiverable, so hiding them is STUPID. Failing to disclose is an issue of a lack of character.

At my old PD, if an applicant "forgot" to mention something on his BI package, his application to be a cop ended right then. No appeal, no nothing, adios, file closed, go away, and we will rat you out to other PDs if they ask us.

Phantom Blooper
06-26-09, 06:55 PM
5/22/09 7:35 PM http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84287

Attention!!

I have a question regarding how the Marines will look at my past, history- during the background check.

In relation to having seen a psychiatrist a few months ago- which I have- i would like to know if the Marines will have someone look into these records while i am at Boot Camp?

When i tell them, why i went to see one, and what we talked about- then i tell them the doc's name and stuff.

If this is what you are referring to you need to give full disclosure to your recruiter and any documentation. You have to be off medication...the time limit I am not sure of.

But unless you are a Son of Sam or a crazed lunatic with suicidal/homicidal tendencies a waiver is all it should take.

They will pry into ALL your life if you enlist because you will now work for Big Brother and the USMC.

The Mafia does exist it put a hit on my first cousin in Pittsburgh,PA about 9 years ago....deader than shiat now...so the Mob does exist....probally helping to keep Big Brother in line...sometimes.:evilgrin: