PDA

View Full Version : Joining the Marines from the French Foreign Legion

PatLegion09
06-23-09, 01:01 PM
Hi everyone,
I have just finished up my service in the French Foreign Legion. I've been in since I was seventeen and I'd now like to join the Core. I wanted to know if you would recommend any course of action to go about joining (go right to a recruiter or maybe go to college). I have no college education, but I am/was a Foreign Legion officer; so would that help me go to OCS? Thanks for your help.

Lisa 23
06-23-09, 01:05 PM
First........read these rules............
[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

Second.......read these rules.........
Read this before posting in Ask A Marine
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59447

Third.....fill out ALL of your profile, then maybe someone will answer you.

skipper72
06-23-09, 01:08 PM
Hi everyone,
I have just finished up my service in the French Foreign Legion. I've been in since I was seventeen and I'd now like to join the Core. I wanted to know if you would recommend any course of action to go about joining (go right to a recruiter or maybe go to college). I have no college education, but I am/was a Foreign Legion officer; so would that help me go to OCS? Thanks for your help.

Exactement combien de temps avez-vous été dans la Légion et quelles sont vos fonctions et des missions là-bas, d'année en année?

ArtyOps
06-23-09, 01:10 PM
Why the duplicate threads?

http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=85635

Lisa 23
06-23-09, 01:10 PM
And you "double posted" this topic, which has been removed from the "Open Squad Bay" forum, which is a no-no.

PatLegion09
06-23-09, 01:30 PM
À partir de 2004 à 2006 j'étais dans Guiana français avec 3ème REI comme un ingénieur. J'ai aussi participé aux missions différentes, en m'occupant surtout des cartels de médicament. On m'a alors envoyé à Djibouti avec la 13ème Demi-Brigade jusqu'à il y a environ une semaine. J'étais aussi un ingénieur là.

Sorry about the double posting.

Quinbo
06-23-09, 01:38 PM
Yea ... what the skipper said. How long were you in the legion and what was your mission?

thedrifter
06-23-09, 01:39 PM
Exactement combien de temps avez-vous été dans la Légion et quelles sont vos fonctions et des missions là-bas, d'année en année?

We Speak English Here....

Some Folks Do Not Understand What is Being Said

Fast Translation

Exactly how long you were in the Legion, Sir, and which are your functions and of the missions over there, d' year in year?

Ellie

Quinbo
06-23-09, 01:41 PM
I guess the next question should be are you an American? An engineer practicing medicine?

thedrifter
06-23-09, 01:41 PM
À partir de 2004 à 2006 j'étais dans Guiana français avec 3ème REI comme un ingénieur. J'ai aussi participé aux missions différentes, en m'occupant surtout des cartels de médicament. On m'a alors envoyé à Djibouti avec la 13ème Demi-Brigade jusqu'à il y a environ une semaine. J'étais aussi un ingénieur là.

Sorry about the double posting.

As from 2004 to 2006 j' stays in French Guiana with 3rd REI like an engineer. J' also took part in the different missions, in m' occupying especially of the trusts of drug. One m' then sent to Djibouti with the 13th Half-Brigade jusqu' with approximately a week ago. J' stays also an engineer there.

Ellie

Quinbo
06-23-09, 01:42 PM
From 2004 to 2006 I was in French Guiana with 3rd REI as an engineer. I also participated in the different missions, while occupying me especially coalitions of medicine. One then sent me to Djibouti with the Half 13rd Brigade until there is about a week. I was also an engineer there.

PatLegion09
06-23-09, 01:49 PM
Sorry again; I thought I'd speak in French to the man who asked me the question (Skipper72). I was in for 6 years and served in French Guiana and Djibouti. I was an engineer. In Guiana I did multiple missions with scouting rebels in the jungle, as well as dealing with drug cartels. On several occasions I we were in the Amazon doing missions on behalf of the Brazilian government. In Djibouti I did a lot of work with Americans at Camp Lemonier. I helped with the Combined Joined Task Force in the Horn of Africa with counter-terrorism. Yes, I am American.

Quinbo
06-23-09, 01:53 PM
If you are less than 29 years of age then I reccommend walking into a recruiters office and discuss joining our Corps.

PatLegion09
06-23-09, 01:57 PM
Ok, thank you. And would my experience in military engineering and such help me rank up in the Marines, or no?

Quinbo
06-23-09, 01:59 PM
The only knowlege I have is of other American services cross decking to the Marines and prior experience may play a role in what MOS they get but does little as far as rank. Your question is something you should bring up with a recruiter.

PatLegion09
06-23-09, 02:01 PM
Thanks very much Bulkyker, I appreciate your help.

Isrowei
06-23-09, 02:03 PM
Help you as in make you more proficient, yes. By being knowledgable and more proficient you should easily be recognized by your NCOs and Officers and maybe be selected for meritorious boards.

You must have a 4-year college degree to be a commissioned officer in the U.S. Military.

Petz
06-23-09, 02:18 PM
Drifter, your translator is lacking ability....