PDA

View Full Version : Anybody out there?

glenn
07-21-03, 10:54 AM
Anybody out there? How 'bout platoon 2037, graduated from Parris Island on 3 Nov. 1969. I know this is going way back. How about Delta Co. 8th Engineers at Lejeune circa 1970-71. I was also T.A.D. from there summer of 1970 to serve as a lifeguard at Onslow Beach, (Onslow Beach Detachment), living out there on the beach (the big white building) just up the road from 2nd Recon. We even had chow passes to use their mess hall 'cause we didn't have one. Back to "D" Co. 8th Engineers in the fall. From about Jan to end of June 1971 we were at Bogue Field over past Swansboro heading to MCAS Cherry Point. We extended some runways, filled in a swampy area on the east side back in the woods ( probably an environmental no-no nowadays) and built a wooden structure that I think was going to be a chow hall. They even put up a plaque in there with everyone of Delta Co., 8th Engineers name on it. I was L/Cpl. Glenn Allardice. That building would be 32 yrs. old if it is still there. Even if it is the plaque has probably vanished by now. Lotsa good times there & fun watching the F-4's get launched off the ground-based catapult & the nightime touch&go landings. If anyone wants to reach me it's- Pictdice@PeoplePC.com.