PDA

View Full Version : Traffic Management/ Supply

karlv65
06-19-09, 03:33 PM
Hey Marines,

I would like to know if there is anyone who had done this job or doing it now. I know what it is just would like to hear feedback about it this MOS. Thanks

Petz
06-20-09, 03:38 PM
I want to know what you think these jobs entail before giving you any insight.

sound off.

Kegler300
06-20-09, 03:58 PM
Supply warehouse (3051), supply admin (3043), or TMO (3112)? Do you have specific questions about MOS requirements?

Petz
06-20-09, 04:02 PM
MasterGuns... I'm trying to get these poolees to put some effort into fact checking and information gathering.

if he comes to the table empty handed asking for a hand-out then he'll never learn anything on his own and eventually be a drain on the world.

every little bit helps.

Semper Fi

karlv65
06-21-09, 01:55 AM
Just wanted to know if anyone has done that particular job. I don't need info because I looked it up already. So I guess I need ask it again. Has anyone ever done traffic management in the Marine Core?

CBRN5711Tech
06-21-09, 05:57 AM
Let me give you a piece of advice. When a SSgt tells you to sound off, you do as he says. You aren't going to get very far with that disrespectful attitude you have.

thewookie
06-21-09, 06:13 AM
Marine Core?

Is that like an apple core?

Let me also give you some advice, karlv, read more and type less.

Less is more -- hidey watchy is better then speaky stupid.

Go do PT.

Achped
06-21-09, 06:14 AM
CBRN, let him be disrespectful. He's joining the Marine Core, so we don't have any say on how he acts.

If he were joining the Marine Corps it'd be different...

Petz
06-21-09, 08:36 AM
hahaha... too funny. Hey guys! He did research!!!

he doesn't need to know about anything, he just wants to know if anyone else did that job or is gonna be the only one!

well... in the Marine Core... yes, you will be the only one.

listen to the wookie. Now scram.

karlv65
06-21-09, 09:15 AM
I apologize if you thought I was being disrespectful. Ill just keep quiet I don't think I will get anywhere. Thanks for all your Advice and thanks for serving our Country.

Achped
06-21-09, 04:18 PM
THese mother****ing poolees man. I swear. We can't even post in the poolee hall. I saw some dick in there with 0311 in his name. Guess he graduated ITB and earned that MOS?

BR34
06-21-09, 06:45 PM
WTF, I thought something was wrong with my account or something. Why the hell can't we post in there anymore?

ameriken
06-21-09, 08:02 PM
A few of us Marines got infractions (infuctions) for hazing the poolees, so they locked us all out of it.

BR34
06-21-09, 09:53 PM
So, Mothers of America infiltrated the poolee forum and petitioned to have Marines segregated from them so that their feelings aren't too hurt by our style of guidance...

JWDevilDog
06-21-09, 10:31 PM
Yeah I guess it's too much for Marines to police up and down their ranks. Sure, poolees aren't in our ranks yet, but they strive to be. Is it too much for us to uphold the rules of the site and police those below us? I thought that's what Marines did.

Getting in trouble for hazing on a website? F*ck you, MoA.

Petz
06-21-09, 10:35 PM
um... I think it's slightly more structured this way... ask a Marine I BELIEVE is now for active duty Marines to deal with... while the poolee hall is for them to spam stuff like we do in the hooch and every other Marine only thread....

this way we won't be answering questions in the poolee hall when they should be using the ask a Marine forum...

it makes sense too 'cause now they have a "safe" place to play and will remain active on the site and once they become a Marine they should feel comfortable to STAY active and not think they'll get hazed some more...

JWDevilDog
06-21-09, 10:41 PM
I understand the reasoning, SSgt. I just don't think it's entirely necessary.

One problem I have with it is that a lot of mis-information is going to get posted in the Pool[ee] Hall, and we won't be able to correct it. Then, when others poolees do a search of the site, they might see the wrong info and take it as fact. Sure, some salty poolees can correct some things that are wrong, but I think most would agree the real wealth of information on this site is coming from the Marines, not the poolees.

Of course we can still answer in "Ask A Marine." But the problem is that a lot of poolees don't post there. They just stick their posts in the P.. Hall.

Petz
06-21-09, 10:43 PM
that's what the Admin and Mods are trying to correct.

they just need to do some serious spring cleaning in the poolee hall and monitor it so they aren't passing bumm scoop... we should be able to read the posts and lock the poolees on individually which is effective and they save face publicly... making them feel less alienated.

JWDevilDog
06-22-09, 10:43 PM
that's what the Admin and Mods are trying to correct.

they just need to do some serious spring cleaning in the poolee hall and monitor it so they aren't passing bumm scoop... we should be able to read the posts and lock the poolees on individually which is effective and they save face publicly... making them feel less alienated.

Roger that, SSgt.

I still don't like the idea of making a poolee feel less alienated on a website. They do want to be Marines, afterall. Getting yelled at and harassed is just one more piece of the puzzle, afterall. :bunny:

Petz
06-23-09, 10:49 AM
do it in 'ask a Marine'