PDA

View Full Version : Updated "i lost the battle" thread

pooleedavis91
06-17-09, 07:37 PM
First let me say the battle is not lost. As Staff Sergeant Hall said: "A battle is never lost.....there may be a hasty retreat and a backup and regroup to get resupplied and reorganized....but the battle is NEVER lost until the grave" (freakin moto by the way)

I didn't want to post an update until it was all through but there is great news. My congressman probably hates me because of how often I contacted him but I'm one signature away from being given a new ship date. I don't know what my congressman did, or who he called, but it worked. I strongly suggest people who want to join but have been told they can't to take the same approach. Local elected officials can do alot more than I thought and I thank you Marines who pointed me in that direction.

I will post another thread within a week (thats the longest its supposed to take to get that last signature) with the final whatever it is I can tell. Thanks all again and I've got some pt'n to do :devious:

Phantom Blooper
06-17-09, 07:44 PM
Good to go...keep pushing...and don't ever show the white flag!:evilgrin:

pooleedavis91
06-17-09, 07:47 PM
Good to go...keep pushing...and don't ever show the white flag!:evilgrin:
aye, Sir

BR34
06-17-09, 08:21 PM
Wow, and all this time I thought politicians were useless. Congrats.

Lisa 23
06-17-09, 08:25 PM
Great determination......:thumbup: Congrats pooleesdavis91!

Petz
06-20-09, 03:37 PM
and for those of us who don't know you, can you explain why you needed to call your congressman?

and for those kids out there who don't know this, your congressman should be your last resort.

now to you kid, don't go saying everyone should go your route... all they hear is the part where you say "...called my congressman.... now I'm one signature away...."

the rest of the story is lost on them.

be smart about what and how you say things that could damage their ability to get in.

pooleedavis91
06-20-09, 10:20 PM
I just took the advice of a Marine on this site Sir. I was told I was being discharged and a Marine told me to talk to my congressman. I'm not too sure why thats the last resort but I will not...

sparkie
06-20-09, 10:29 PM
You did fine,,,,,,,, Don't let us scare you. We mean well,,,,, and are proud........

GySgtRet
06-20-09, 10:38 PM
is refering to this post:
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=84841&highlight=lost+battle

So what is the difference in the tests that made this work out for you? Details young man details. This is a learning curve as I said when you posted I have never heard of anything like this for disqualification.

Gunny out
:usmc:

ameriken
06-20-09, 10:38 PM
We don't want anyone to think that calling a Congressman is an easy fix to any problems that can occur during one's tour with the Marines. Most issues can be, should be, and are dealt with inside the...

pooleedavis91
06-20-09, 11:02 PM
Yes Gunnery Sergeant, I will tell you all I know and I don't want to give you any information I'm not sure I can back up. After MEPS they said my blood was "unreadable". To my knowlege that means...

pooleedavis91
06-20-09, 11:05 PM
We don't want anyone to think that calling a Congressman is an easy fix to any problems that can occur during one's tour with the Marines. Most issues can be, should be, and are dealt with inside the Corps, and calling a Congressman should always and only be a very distant last resort if there is absolutely no remaining alternatives to fixing a serious issue.

Yes Sergeant I understand. I just want people to know that I didnt go around telling everyone to do this. I was encouraged by a Marine on this site to do so. It wasn't my idea but its working. In my case, my recruiter told me my problem couldn't be worked out within the Marine Corps and there fore I came on here looking for advice. I apolagize for any misunderstanding.

ameriken
06-20-09, 11:14 PM
Yes Sergeant I understand. I just want people to know that I didnt go around telling everyone to do this. I was encouraged by a Marine on this site to do so. It wasn't my idea but its working. In my case, my recruiter told me my problem couldn't be worked out within the Marine Corps and there fore I came on here looking for advice. I apolagize for any misunderstanding.

No problem, I personally believe your action was justified and I didn't think you were running around telling everyone. It's just that some poolees may read the thread and run off to call their Congressman thinking it's an easy fix to some minor issue.

My point is more for other poolees, that writing or calling a Congressman is always the last and final resort after all other means have been exhausted. We just don't want someone calling their Congressman for some silly-a*s reason, such as they don't like their MOS choices because they did poorly on their ASVAB or the Corps doesn't want them because they dropped out of high school.

Keep us up to date on your progress.....

pooleedavis91
06-20-09, 11:18 PM
No problem, I personally believe your action was justified. I don't think you were running around telling everyone. It's just that some poolees may read the thread and run off to call their Congressman for some stupid reason.

My point is more for other poolees, that writing or calling a Congressman is always the last and final resort after all other means have been exhausted. We just don't want someone calling their Congressman for some silly-a*s reason, such as they don't like their MOS choices because they did poorly on their ASVAB or the Corps doesn't want them because they dropped out of high school.

Keep us up to date on your progress.....

Yes sir, I completly understand. The Marine Corps deserves the best thats available. They start by demanding a highschool diploma at least. I will watch how I word my thoughts in threads so it doesnt end up twisted. Apolagies once again Sir. :thumbup:

ameriken
06-20-09, 11:19 PM
Yes sir, I completly understand. The Marine Corps deserves the best thats available. They start by demanding a highschool diploma at least. I will watch how I word my thoughts in threads so it doesnt end up twisted. Apolagies once again Sir. :thumbup:
No need to apologize. Good luck and keep us updated....

sparkie
06-20-09, 11:22 PM
No need to apologize. Good luck and keep us updated....

Good to go,,,,,,,:usmc: Never apologise for what you need to do,,,,,,,