PDA

View Full Version : Counter-Intelligence Job, How is it?

PossibleMarine
06-08-09, 11:10 PM
I'm still reading over all sorts of things about Marines. Of course, the job from the title isn't attainable till I reach MSgt rank, but I'd like to hear how the experience was for any that did go to it. It's because if I decide to re-enlist I wouldn't mind going for a job more involved with defense once I make the decision (of course that's IF i do decide to re-enlist). I'd like to hear from any Marines who did take on this type of job. It sounds very challenging, but rewarding in its own way.

jackson07
06-08-09, 11:18 PM
I'm still reading over all sorts of things about Marines. Of course, the job from the title isn't attainable till I reach MSgt rank,

Go away.. Learn to read.

Wyoming
06-08-09, 11:46 PM
You able to fill out a proper profile there Billy Bob?

Besides, it could be some 15-20 years for you to get there anyway!

jackson07
06-09-09, 12:07 AM
You only have to be a Cpl. Google 0211, and search this forum.

CBRN5711Tech
06-09-09, 12:27 AM
No one here is impressed by your dreams. So why don't you try to go ahead and figure out how to get to boot camp at least. And then maybe you can try surviving boot camp. And then you should try to somehow make it to the fleet. Until then quit asking annoying questions that are crafted to make you sound like you are some kind of bad ass.

Covey_Rider
06-09-09, 02:05 AM
Anyone who may hold this job within the Marine Corps, will not tell you anything that you can't already find on the internet. Do some research on your own. Getting a job like that doesn't make you James Bond or anything...but OPSEC is still very important and therefor find somebody who does this for a living will be pretty much impossible here on this forum. Having said that...I agree with what everyone else has said.

0231Marine
06-09-09, 07:07 AM
Of course, the job from the title isn't attainable till I reach MSgt rank????

Where did you get that information from?

KawiGunny
06-09-09, 07:26 AM
I'm still reading over all sorts of things about Marines. Of course, the job from the title isn't attainable till I reach MSgt rank, but I'd like to hear how the experience was for any that did go to it. It's because if I decide to re-enlist I wouldn't mind going for a job more involved with defense once I make the decision (of course that's IF i do decide to re-enlist). I'd like to hear from any Marines who did take on this type of job. It sounds very challenging, but rewarding in its own way.

You mentioned re-enlist twice in that post but your title shows you are a "Marine Friend". Worry about enlisting before you worry about re-enlisting. So either you haven't a clue what you are saying or you are in fact a Marine that doesn't know how to follow instructions. Fill out your profile.

PossibleMarine
06-09-09, 03:04 PM
That's right, I guess I forgot about the profile rule. I'll get on it asap. I also did read that incorrectly about the rank required to join Counter-Intel. Truth is I haven't really found anything new on google about the job beside the basic information about it on about.com. It might seem like a look way too much into the future, but honestly I didn't enlist to not even get through bootcamp. Any other information on the Counter Intel job is pretty vague though. I'd like to hear any personal experience. I've read the same thing about it not being a "James Bond" type of job. I've also read that the MOS school is a fast track school which is very intense and not many have been able to pass (such as the interrogation class, languages, etc.). I'm guessing any sort of experiences would be kept under wraps considering what the job is about.

Lisa 23
06-09-09, 03:29 PM
That's right, I guess I forgot about the profile rule. I'll get on it asap.

It might seem like a look way too much into the future, but honestly I didn't enlist to not even get through bootcamp.

I'm guessing any sort of experiences would be kept under wraps considering what the job is about.

First....fill out ALL of your profile.

Second ........read the rules......[Poolee Rules] Attention New Poolee & Wannabe Members
http://www.leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?t=29048&page=15

Third........go talk to a Recruiter "IF" you are really interested in becoming a MARINE!

Fourth.......get through Boot Camp first, that's what should be on your mind. As I've told many others already....you don't make it through Marine Corps Boot Camp, you don't become a MARINE!

Fifth......any Marine here who has that job surely won't say anything about it on a "public forum".