PDA

View Full Version : Deployment Question

deBeer
06-07-09, 10:25 PM
At the moment I am going into the Marine as 6XXX and I would like to see some combat. I hear that when you have nothing to do at base over there you can choose to go on patrols and convoys. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

PaidinBlood
06-07-09, 10:30 PM
At the moment I am going into the Marine as 6XXX and I would like to see some combat. I hear that when you have nothing to do at base over there you can choose to go on patrols and convoys. Can anyone confirm/deny this?

Then you should have been combat arms. I'm not going to say no winger ever saw shi t but just think about this for yourself-how safe is it for individuals with no training who get bored to just roam freely about the countryside shooting shi t? Use your own brain and see through the BS.

Petz
06-07-09, 10:34 PM
you're be plenty busy going on sorties as some kind of crew... those guys do not sleep.

so, um... yeah, you get to go out the wire..... a few thousand feet up... but outside the wire.

and honestly, if you were put on guard you'd have a 10% chance of being on a guard reactionary squad and maybe do a patrol.

as for doing a normal patrol... might as well stop dreaming like the salty PIB said...

Lisa 23
06-07-09, 10:55 PM
Geeeeesh....I've never seen such a bunch of Poolees who are more interested in things that happen "after" Boot Camp like I have here. I think I'd worry more about getting through Boot Camp than I would worrying about seeing some action overseas. If you don't graduate from Marine Corps Boot Camp, then you don't become a MARINE!

PaidinBlood
06-07-09, 10:58 PM
so like y'know i want 2 b a mareen and like fly stuff, y'know? can i like do that and stil go to be ranger who drives tanks, y'know? cause like pogs are gay and grunts are dum so like i just wanna do it all...yeah i wanna see combat and kill people but i dont want to die or get hurt either cause one day my balls will drop and i will want 2 get married...can i get a bonus? how bout free school? or is it easier to just be an officer? can i be a fighter pilot/sniper? don't tell me mean stff eether cuz i will report u........y'know?

Wyoming
06-07-09, 11:28 PM
you're be plenty busy going on sorties as some kind of crew... those guys do not sleep.

so, um... yeah, you get to go out the wire..... a few thousand feet up... but outside the wire.

and honestly, if you were put on guard you'd have a 10% chance of being on a guard reactionary squad and maybe do a patrol.

as for doing a normal patrol... might as well stop dreaming like the salty PIB said...

It is quite obvious that a bunch of folks do not know hard a 46 hits the ground, and how any flip-flops it takes when it hits the ground after taking a round at 'a few thousand feet'.

PaidinBlood
06-07-09, 11:40 PM
It is quite obvious that a bunch of folks do not know hard a 46 hits the ground, and how any flip-flops it takes when it hits the ground after taking a round at 'a few thousand feet'.

I can't speak for the rocker over there but I for one have never dogged the types of folks who wear that shiny little badge over your ribbon there. I was responding to the kid who sign for one thing but wants another.. He specifically asks about patrols and convoys, not missions or sorties. That's just me though... :beer:

deBeer
06-08-09, 12:13 AM
Then you should have been combat arms. I'm not going to say no winger ever saw shi t but just think about this for yourself-how safe is it for individuals with no training who get bored to just roam freely about the countryside shooting shi t? Use your own brain and see through the BS.

No disrespect, but so much for every Marine being a rifleman. Also a simple confirm or deny would have been suffice. I never said I wanted the world LCpl. Also LCpl, I am having difficulty choosing between 6XXX and 03XX so I figured if maybe if I was able to see some action as 6XXX and get the best of both worlds?

LASWMarine, Again I do not want to disrespect any Marine on this site, but how much information do I need to complete boot camp? There are tons of threads about boot camp. I mean theres threads about boot camps schedule that has every detail basically down to when I can ****. In my opinion, the next 5 years of my life is more important to know about than the next 13 weeks weeks of pain. Sorry but thats my opinion and sorry if I offended you.

Sorry for assuming Paidinblood, I figured if I was 6XXX, I wasn't going to be doing anything big so I just kept it simple...patrols and convoys.

Petz
06-08-09, 12:13 AM
sooooo, you say helicopters don't fly low? what are you telling me about highlighting the elevation? if you are in a helicopter you can be anywhere from the ground all the way up there *points up*

and since I didn't say it wasn't dangerous I did say he can leave the wire... at a different height.

soooo... also a fact on how long you've been out 46s are going away... so you should start talking about 53s.

PaidinBlood
06-08-09, 12:20 AM
No disrespect, but so much for every Marine being a rifleman. Also a simple confirm or deny would have been suffice. I never said I wanted the world LCpl. Also LCpl, I am having difficulty choosing between 6XXX and 03XX so I figured if maybe if I was able to see some action as 6XXX and get the best of both worlds?

LASWMarine, Again I do not want to disrespect any Marine on this site, but how much information do I need to complete boot camp? There are tons of threads about boot camp. I mean theres threads about boot camps schedule that has every detail basically down to when I can ****. In my opinion, the next 5 years of my life is more important to know about than the next 13 weeks weeks of pain. Sorry but thats my opinion and sorry if I offended you.

Sorry for assuming Paidinblood, I figured if I was 6XXX, I wasn't going to be doing anything big so I just kept it simple...patrols and convoys.

Don't even try to throw doctrine and recruiting lines in my face. Every Marine is a rifleman, not an infantryman. That's not my former grunt ego; it is reality. Put me at the wheel of a tank or a helo and the only safe person is the enemy.... Each Marine has a unique job to do.

You know prefacing your comments with "no disrepect" or "with all due respect" doesn't automatically make it all good, right? I sure as shi t hope you're not gettin butthurt over there. It's simple-pick what matters to you, go do that job. Good luck to you.

Petz
06-08-09, 12:23 AM
why is it the SSgts comments are always ignored?

is there a PM floating around??....... :P

PaidinBlood
06-08-09, 12:25 AM
He appears to be offline...try his cell....?

deBeer
06-08-09, 12:27 AM
You know prefacing your comments with "no disrepect" or "with all due respect" doesn't automatically make it all good, right? I sure as shi t hope you're not gettin butthurt over there. It's simple-pick what matters to you, go do that job. Good luck to you.

Of course, but some will understand I am just trying to get my point across as straight forward as possible. I do mean no disrespect though, I feel its better I say it now then have five Marines breathing down my neck and turn into one of those Poolee's that get banned from the site. I am simply just trying to get my point across as fast and direct as possible.

deBeer
06-08-09, 12:32 AM
Don't even try to throw doctrine and recruiting lines in my face. Every Marine is a rifleman, not an infantryman. That's not my former grunt ego; it is reality. Put me at the wheel of a tank or a helo and the only safe person is the enemy.... Each Marine has a unique job to do.

I respect that, You'll never hear me confuse the two again.

Petz
06-08-09, 12:34 AM
He appears to be offline...try his cell....?

what?

PaidinBlood
06-08-09, 12:37 AM
what?

You were frustrated because BigAl was "ignoring" your comments...but he appears to be offline...
I'm going to bed too so I get some sleep before her water breaks (for real this time). I told the wife it was a race against the NoRemorse clan... She said to get a life...

JWDevilDog
06-08-09, 06:50 AM
I told the wife it was a race against the NoRemorse clan... She said to get a life...

I had no idea, PiB. Why am I always the last to find sh*t out? Anyway, here's one on me, Mr. PiB.:beer: (Since you're gonna be a daddy, you're not LCpl PiB, or PiB, anymore. You're Mr. PiB.)

devildame
06-08-09, 07:24 AM

Confirm! Frustrating as hell to ask a simple question and get shot down with irrelevant scoldings, isn't it?
I knew several guys who were in 3 different 6XXX MOSs that did just what you are asking about- they went out on IA billets doing patrols or base perimeter security. They left from their US duty station on this billet to Iraq, it was not a case of sitting around in Al Asad looking for something to do. Maybe that has been the case for some Marines? Can't say.
But you were not being disrespectful at all. Ignore em.

0231Marine
06-08-09, 07:26 AM
You know prefacing your comments with "no disrepect" or "with all due respect" doesn't automatically make it all good, right?

It sure as heck does. It's in the Geneva Convention.

PaidinBlood
06-08-09, 07:34 AM
Confirm! Frustrating as hell to ask a simple question and get shot down with irrelevant scoldings, isn't it?
I knew several guys who were in 3 different 6XXX MOSs that did just what you are asking about- they went out on IA billets doing patrols or base perimeter security. They left from their US duty station on this billet to Iraq, it was not a case of sitting around in Al Asad looking for something to do. Maybe that has been the case for some Marines? Can't say.

http://bergina.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/04/hyena-laughing.jpg

Ha. So you still didn't answer his damned question... He wants to know about having his cake AND eating it too, not either/or. But since you're the respect police I ought to make sure you don't write me up.... :scared:

NoRemorse
06-08-09, 07:52 AM
I don't know why this kid is worried about 5 Marines breathing down his neck on this website. He should be more worried about somebody taking a drive over to Farmingdale and having a chat with his recruiter.

Mindfvck... BEGIN!

PiB, cheaters always win. I plan on tickling the wife until she has the baby.

PaidinBlood
06-08-09, 07:55 AM
No way...didn't you read..he wasn't disrespectful-we were....bad bad people those Marines are....good thing we have a feeeelings ref! :D Game on!

NoRemorse
06-08-09, 08:01 AM
So should I call his recruiter and apologize for all of us poor, poor Marines? When does this kid ship out, cause if we're moved into the new place before then he can come over and get acquainted with the whiskey locker.

There's a boot camp question I ain't seen yet. "Does what happens in the whiskey locker stay in the whiskey locker?"

"hello, ima a nnoying azz pool33 and I'm gonna get QDd a lot, LOLOLOLOL, is there another exit in the whiskey locker? is tere whiskey in it? Im a minoor, LOLOLOLZ"

Lisa 23
06-08-09, 11:59 AM

deBeer......my point about all of this is focusing on Boot Camp. To me, all wannabes and pooles are focusing too much on what goes on after Boot Camp. Like I've said quite a few times already, if you don't get through Marine Corps Boot Camp, then you don't become a MARINE and you won't have to worry about what MOS you would like to have.
And I do realize there are many threads on this forum about Boot Camp, but unless you actually go through it yourself, you can "never" be prepared enough.

deBeer
06-08-09, 02:03 PM
deBeer......my point about all of this is focusing on Boot Camp. To me, all wannabes and pooles are focusing too much on what goes on after Boot Camp. Like I've said quite a few times already, if you don't get through Marine Corps Boot Camp, then you don't become a MARINE and you won't have to worry about what MOS you would like to have.
And I do realize there are many threads on this forum about Boot Camp, but unless you actually go through it yourself, you can "never" be prepared enough.

I understand that. Reminds me of when one of the recruiters told my parents the asvab scores were useless until I completed my medical screening. I just feel there's really nothing that's going to prepare me anymore for boot camp, except to get better physically.

deBeer
06-08-09, 02:43 PM

Thank you Corporal.

Petz
06-08-09, 03:31 PM
You were frustrated because BigAl was "ignoring" your comments...but he appears to be offline...
I'm going to bed too so I get some sleep before her water breaks (for real this time). I told the wife it was a race against the NoRemorse clan... She said to get a life...

I wasn't frustrated first off... secondly it wasn't geared towards Al.. and third I was offline before you so this is irrelevant.

PaidinBlood
06-09-09, 10:38 AM
I wasn't frustrated first off... secondly it wasn't geared towards Al.. and third I was offline before you so this is irrelevant.

Then I will STFU and carry the F on.. :banana: SF

Petz
06-09-09, 11:26 PM
hehe

Alisium
06-09-09, 11:56 PM

Good point?

As far as this young man's question goes:

Look you can get out of the Marine Corps and be anything you want. Wether you decide to go to school to be a heart surgeon or want to do something related to your MOS.

You will never, ever, ever get a chance outside of the Marine Corps to be an Infantry Marine or anything remotely like it.

In defferrence and respect to my pog brothers and sisters on here, but there is nothing in the world liking walking into a mixed chow hall, looking at sparkling clean pogs while you're filthy, exhausted and three kinds of pizzed off but instantly feeling like the monster king you are because you are a grunt.

Petz
06-10-09, 12:15 AM
or you could be a POG and see those dirty grunts and be grateful you were able to take a shower that morning...

and had the weekend off...

and be home by 1700 everyday...

and not have to maintain 5 sets of each type of cammie...

and did I mention being clean????

to all the grunts, thanks for busting your ass so the title Marine strikes fear in the hearts and minds of our enemies so much that they think I am you when on patrol.... rah! hahaha.... j/k, I appreciate all grunts, they tend not to break the HMMWVs unlike the MT operators.... and when they do break it, the break it bad enough that It's scrap or close enough I can finish it off with paperwork! Semper Thanks grunts!

deBeer
06-10-09, 12:46 AM
Good point?

As far as this young man's question goes:

Look you can get out of the Marine Corps and be anything you want. Wether you decide to go to school to be a heart surgeon or want to do something related to your MOS.

You will never, ever, ever get a chance outside of the Marine Corps to be an Infantry Marine or anything remotely like it.

In defferrence and respect to my pog brothers and sisters on here, but there is nothing in the world liking walking into a mixed chow hall, looking at sparkling clean pogs while you're filthy, exhausted and three kinds of pizzed off but instantly feeling like the monster king you are because you are a grunt.

You make a good point with not being able to do anything like Infantry Marine's work. This Saturday we have an IST and my recruiter is going to check if they have any 03XX positions and if they do, I'm going to take it. Some people say its a dead end job, but I would like to become a LEO or something like that. If anything I will go to college like any normal kid and get my bachelors and if I'm up to it, try to get into the FBI.

deBeer
06-10-09, 12:50 AM
or you could be a POG and see those dirty grunts and be grateful you were able to take a shower that morning...

and had the weekend off...

and be home by 1700 everyday...

and not have to maintain 5 sets of each type of cammie...

and did I mention being clean????

to all the grunts, thanks for busting your ass so the title Marine strikes fear in the hearts and minds of our enemies so much that they think I am you when on patrol.... rah! hahaha.... j/k, I appreciate all grunts, they tend not to break the HMMWVs unlike the MT operators.... and when they do break it, the break it bad enough that It's scrap or close enough I can finish it off with paperwork! Semper Thanks grunts!

My friends dad was a Chief Warrant Officer (3) and he basically told me what you just said. I don't know though. I can't get my mind off being a grunt. I try to think about the money I can make with being 6XXX but it doesn't help too much. I guess I want to prove something to myself and do something I feel was worth my time.

Petz
06-11-09, 01:22 PM
um... it's not exactly a rose garden... you will get fvcked with for about 6 months in your unit... then you're gonna play games similar to what you do in boot camp... then you'll start to hate the Corps and eventually get out and never look back...

seen it many times... not all the time, just many.

good luck with that.

Alisium
06-11-09, 01:27 PM
I think, everyone goes through a period of "Gawd I hate this mutha fvcking place" for an extended period of time their first four.

Petz
06-11-09, 01:30 PM
it's the second enlistment that's fun... 'cause you get to move.

Supersquishy
06-11-09, 01:35 PM
Good point?

In defference and respect to my GRUNT brothers on here there is nothing in the world like walking into a mixed chow hall sparkling clean in our Coveralls wondering what the fvck are we eating!

Haha, nothing like rice and tomatos and a roll... ooohhrraahh!

Petz
06-11-09, 01:38 PM
you're allowed to goto the chow hall in coveralls?!!!

Supersquishy
06-11-09, 01:39 PM
you're allowed to goto the chow hall in coveralls?!!!

Yes

Fievel
06-11-09, 02:13 PM
I used to watch the grunts go on their runs and humps. I was there with them, emotionally, but physically I was sitting in the air conditioner of my AAV playing playstation and cooking a steak in the oven. We had about three kegs of beer in the back and a surround sound system hooked up on the bulkhead of the vehicle. The entire platoon used to kick back on the vehicle and get drunk! That's when we would go to the armory and turn our M-16s in for M240Gs. When we got bored, we would throw grenades at the camels and light up the empty beer cans with our machine guns. Then when we got the call, we would drive the AAVs around and do drive-bys in the neighborhoods in Iraq where the enemy was causing problems. I'm telling you, go 1833! You get to work with the grunts, do patrols, play playstation, watch porn, kill camels, drink beer, and sit in the air conditioning! Plus the armor is depleted aluminum, which is much stronger than a humvee!

Remember, 1833! Oh, yeah, also if you tuned the SINCGARS in just right, you could pick up some pretty good porn stations on the big screen in the back. Keep that in mind - you may think you want to walk everywhere, but why walk when you can cruise? I'm talking 26-tons of "run your ass over" if the traffic isn't flowing to your liking.

PaidinBlood
06-11-09, 02:38 PM
To locate, close with, and destroy the enemy, by fire and maneuver, or repel the enemy assault by fire and close combat.

The appeal is self explanatory...for certain types of people... :D
Semper Fi:usmc:

Alisium
06-11-09, 04:22 PM

SF!

devildame
06-11-09, 06:55 PM
killing camels for kicks?

Phantom Blooper
06-11-09, 07:01 PM
At the moment I am going into the Marine as 6XXX and I would like to see some combat.

debeer,

Are you sure?

How exactly do you know that you do?

If you complete boot camp,IST/MCT and your MOS school and obtain the title of Marine. And you become deployed to a hot spot in the world and you only work in your MOS in the base camp....does that or would that make you any less of a U.S. Marine?

War, world conflict and being defenders of freedom is what Marines are trained and paid to do.....

But my question to you is without ever being in a hostile situation...what makes you think you want to see combat?:evilgrin:

Phantom Blooper
06-11-09, 07:32 PM
debeer,

I seen you replying to the thread...what happened?:evilgrin:

Fubar5812
06-11-09, 08:39 PM
everyday I see boot grunts running down the road with an ammo can in each hand and an m16 across there back in full battle rattle sweating there balls off and looking on the edge of tears because that mean corporal is behind him screaming his ass off while sipping an energy drink and you know he was told something to the effect of "get back to the barracks,change over and be back here in 10 minutes" i think to myself "glad i'm not in his shoes"

PaidinBlood
06-11-09, 08:52 PM
i think to myself "glad i'm not in his shoes"

Never said it was for everyone....:D

Fievel
06-11-09, 09:05 PM
killing camels for kicks?

You can't tell me you never bathed in camel blood before????

JWDevilDog
06-11-09, 10:31 PM

God I hate being a pog..........

deBeer
06-11-09, 10:37 PM
Well like I said in my earlier posts, I want to become a LEO or maybe FBI agent after my bachelors, so infantry would help me out some. As for me wanting to see combat, I probably worded that wrong. Including the Marines on this site that have PTSD, my friends brother has it from a couple infantry tours and supposedly he was in marSOC. So I know the risks of combat so when I say it, I don't say it lightly. I'm trying to word my explanation without sounding like a jackass to those who have already been in combat, which I highly respect. Reason for me wanting to see combat is well, I guess you can say I want to experience it for myself. I want to know what it feels like. Regardless of what its like, I will still do my duty as an infantryman if I can aqquire 03XX this Saturday.

Phantom Blooper, I was replying to the thread but as I was typing it my friend picked me up and so I had to leave.

PaidinBlood
06-11-09, 11:34 PM
God I hate being a pog..........

Just want to clarify...wasn't trying to imply that a grunt is any better or worse than anyone else based solely on his job....just saying the grunt mentality appeals more to some than others. Some feel the call but life happens or other things arise...Keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be... SF:usmc:

Fievel
06-11-09, 11:59 PM
Just want to clarify...wasn't trying to imply that a grunt is any better or worse than anyone else based solely on his job....just saying the grunt mentality appeals more to some than others. Some feel the call but life happens or other things arise...Keep it up and you'll get to where you want to be... SF:usmc:

You can blame that damn Full Metal Jacket for that info!

I think the thought of kicking down doors and wielding a rifle is appealing to people. I think a lot of people don't understand that there is a good chance that whatever combat MOS they go into, they will spend time doing grunt stuff in the sandbox. Well, it used to be that way ... not sure what the sandbox is like now ... but back in the old Corps ... :marine:

PaidinBlood
06-12-09, 12:21 AM
I think the thought of kicking down doors and wielding a rifle is appealing to people.

I also meant getting treated like dogshi t for up to 2 years, psychotic salty terminal Lance/PFCs on power trips, CAX, YUMA, Bridgeport, etc. The complete lack of a rose garden....:D

I think a lot of people don't understand that there is a good chance that whatever combat MOS they go into, they will spend time doing grunt stuff in the sandbox. Well, it used to be that way

Just depends on the definition of combat...(I'm no war hero, for the record). Many "pogs" have been fielded as provisional rifle units or augmented grunt units. This still happens, but tends to vary inversely with the level of combat in a given AO.. As full scale open combat declines, more support types are fed into the battlespace IOT more thinly spread our limited forces. When the heavy work arises, the opposite occurs. It was before my time, but no PRPs were part of Phantom Fury/Al Fajr...

Fievel
06-12-09, 12:54 AM
I also meant getting treated like dogshi t for up to 2 years, psychotic salty terminal Lance/PFCs on power trips, CAX, YUMA, Bridgeport, etc. The complete lack of a rose garden....:D

You didn't get a rose garden? I'd write your congressman :D

Just depends on the definition of combat...(I'm no war hero, for the record). Many "pogs" have been fielded as provisional rifle units or augmented grunt units. This still happens, but tends to vary inversely with the level of combat in a given AO.. As full scale open combat declines, more support types are fed into the battlespace IOT more thinly spread our limited forces. When the heavy work arises, the opposite occurs. It was before my time, but no PRPs were part of Phantom Fury/Al Fajr...

I said combat MOS because I had seen them personally turned into infantry and clear through towns and stuff (combat MOS like trackers, tankers, stuff like that), I wasn't sure about the others. I'll admit, I wish I got a little more time in the sandbox to do some patrols with the infantry. I got to clear some buildings, though, and it was a rush.

JWDevilDog
06-12-09, 03:45 AM

I understood exactly what you meant, brother. I'm not going to go into more details here, until asked, but I stand by what I said: "God I hate being a pog."

Rah.