PDA

View Full Version : Thinking about Joining the Marines( Former Pro Athlete)

carrol2001
06-07-09, 01:35 PM
I almost joined the Marines back in Aug 08. I decided not to join because of the upcoming arena football season and didnt want to regret not playing. Im 25 years old about to turn 26 this month. I went to college at a Big 10 University. I have 2 classes left before I graduate. I was thinking about enlisting in the Marines but I found out they dont offer the tution repayment . I have about 90k in student loan debt and dont know if Ill survive paying them off with my Marine base pay most of my money would go towards my student loans. I want to join because Im looking for a new challenge but dont know if I could make it financially. Anyone been in this situation? I know some people join to get money for college but I dont need the GI Bill doesnt really do me any good. I know in the end its my decison but just wanted to see if anyone had any advice

Wyoming
06-07-09, 01:53 PM
No Profile - No Answers!!

Isrowei
06-07-09, 01:53 PM
If you're two classes from graduation, why would you enlist when you could commission?

Wyoming
06-07-09, 01:59 PM

Petz
06-07-09, 02:48 PM
still... why wouldn't you commision??

carrol2001
06-07-09, 03:09 PM
My recruiter told me it would be hard for me to commision because I got in trouble with the law in college a couple of times for Public Intox

Isrowei
06-07-09, 03:29 PM

This is good advice. The terms of service state that you must have a filled out profile or your account could be suspended.

SlingerDun
06-07-09, 03:41 PM
Tution repayment??? hehehe damn! forgot to ask ifin the Corps would cut me a check for 10 years of parochial education prior to enlisting as a private. Then there was the part time tutor and summer wrestling camps that were not freehttp://www.leatherneck.com/forums/images/icons/icon3.gif ......

Wyoming
06-07-09, 04:37 PM
This is good advice. The terms of service state that you must have a filled out profile or your account could be suspended.

... even though some folks, newbies and regulars alike, don't feel that the 'terms of service' apply to them.

Hijack time LT, when you picking up??