PDA

View Full Version : Homeschooling?

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 09:02 AM
Recently I became interested in switching to homeschooling to finish my Senior year of high school faster.
After some research though I found alot of people saying that a homeschool diploma is considered equivalent to a GED or Tier II. This includes a couple of threads in this forum.
Yesterday, I found a homeschool website claiming that in 2007 the Marine Corps adopted the same plan as the Army in which Homeschoolers were considered Tier I.
So does anyone know which it is? this website article was from 07 WhereMaster Gunnery Sgt. Patrick S. Arbec and Master Sgt.James D. Edwards claim that homeschooled students are considered Tier I and that there are no limitations to the amount that can enlist.

But on multiple threads in these forums, from 2008, I find people claiming that homeschool is considered Tier I and only 800 are allowed to enlist a year and that you need 15 college credits to be considered Tier I.

So which is it? I really need to know since my school year ends in several days and I need to decide so I can do the paperwork now.

Quinbo
06-07-09, 09:39 AM
If you have perusing this site prior to making your first post as you said then surely you have the dozens of post regarding a profile.

sparkie
06-07-09, 09:44 AM
So speaks the mighty Quinn,,,,Profile up, boy,,,,,,,,,,,

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 09:57 AM
Oh sorry I forgot, I did see threads harping about profiles and I went to make one, for some reason my internet locked up and it didn't go through. I forgot about it until you guys just said something....will do.

sparkie
06-07-09, 10:00 AM
Harping??? Guess we're a bunch o harpies,,,,,,
Can't your recruiter answer your questions?

Wyoming
06-07-09, 10:31 AM
Why would anyone on Key West wanna do anything but service the gray haired ladies, hang out with Jummy Buffet, or be a total bum and fish?

Besides all that, go see Recruiter. That way you get the straight scoop, rather than being home schooled for a year and finding out it is Tier II.

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 10:34 AM
sorry I thought this section of the forums was for questions like that and figured since you don't have to answer I wouldn't be bothering anyone or anything like that. Plus right now I am trying to finish some school work and I can check back here frequently but I don't have time to make a phone call until later today or maybe when I drive to school in a little bit.

Wyoming
06-07-09, 10:37 AM
sorry I thought this section of the forums was for questions like that and figured since you don't have to answer I wouldn't be bothering anyone or anything like that. Plus right now I am trying to finish some school work and I can check back here frequently but I don't have time to make a phone call until later today or maybe when I drive to school in a little bit.

You asked.

You were answered.

You didn't like the answers, as they didn't fit your plans.

So you got all huffy.

Sorry.

You need to work on your time management also.

(School on Sunday???)

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 10:40 AM
Why would anyone on Key West wanna do anything but service the gray haired ladies, hang out with Jummy Buffet, or be a total bum and fish?

Besides all that, go see Recruiter. That way you get the straight scoop, rather than being home schooled for a year and finding out it is Tier II.
Yeah maybe you guys are right I should probably just call. I planned on calling anyways but I am anxious and just want an answer so I was seeing if anyone knew before I tried contacting the recruiter.
Lol thats not exactly how we think of it down here. When you don't live here it looks like a great place to come but it can get really boring ,it is extremely expensive, and its really hot. On the other hand the fishing is awesome and its a beautiful place to live, most kids down here want nothing but to get out.
Another downside is that the closest Marine recruiter is in MIAMI.

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 10:41 AM
You asked.

You were answered.

You didn't like the answers, as they didn't fit your plans.

So you got all huffy.

Sorry.

You need to work on your time management also.

(School on Sunday???)

Ya i figured you would say that, wasn't trying to come off that way but I couldn't find any other way to put it. I only have 2 days of school left and I have to go in to work on a project that is my final exam due tomorrow.

Isrowei
06-07-09, 12:02 PM
Call a recruiter. It's the easiest, fastest, most-up-to-date information you'll get. A lot of us here have a good range of knowledge, but sometimes it's best to get it straight from the source.

That being said, you can look up the Marine Corps Recruiting Command website and contact folks through there (or get directed who to contact) which might save you some time if you have more access to the net than time to call. Which it seems like you do.

Supersquishy
06-07-09, 12:30 PM
deleted

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 01:24 PM
deleted
what

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 02:03 PM
Also, why can't I post in any threads, just my own? Obviously this isn't the right place but I cannot ask anywhere else. Is it an activation thing? sorry
I didn't notice till a minute ago when I tried to post some helpful info for a guy and it would not work.

sparkie
06-07-09, 03:44 PM
Also, why can't I post in any threads, just my own? Obviously this isn't the right place but I cannot ask anywhere else. Is it an activation thing? sorry
I didn't notice till a minute ago when I tried to post some helpful info for a guy and it would not work.

You are not a Marine. You are not given acess to all this website holds.

mcdowell9
06-07-09, 03:50 PM
Oh I understand, many questions can only be answered by Marines so it is locked for me. That sorta makes sense but I was just trying to send a guy a link to *************s fitness section on nutritional info he was looking for.
Oh well, thanks though!